Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Rebbi,
I have a gut feeling that the Tekton Lore is an excellent choice when all is considered. I have no reason to doubt Mikirob's strong impression and enthusiasm. If the Lore is as open a nd transparent as many have reported you amp should simply shine and just sing with musical truth. I look forward to read if reality matches my expectations. This could be quite the special pairing.
Charles,
Hi Rebbi,

I've really enjoyed your blog inspiring!

A while back, in your original thread about amplifiers (before you chose the AN kid), I mentioned Common Sense Audio's affordable Audio Nirvana SET, which impressed me at RMAF. They also offer high efficiency speaker drivers and kits which were similarly impressive - see below for a link. If I'm not mistaken he has a partnership with a builder as well in the event you don't want to go the DIY route you'd have to ask him though.

http://www.commonsenseaudio.com/nirvana.html

For the record, once again, I have no affiliation with Common Sense Audio/Audio Nirvana (most who know me would say I have no affiliation with common sense, period! ;)

Good luck!
Almarg, thanks I've always understood all that. That's why l've pushed for Rebbi to consider a higher efficient speaker like Tekton or others at his price point with the added benefit of better/lower bass. There won't be any clipping with the Tekton Lore, 98db, benevolent 8 ohm load, 30hz bass. I'm getting that right now (listening to John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton) with no clipping. That is with the little Coincident Dynamo 34SE 8 Watts. And I am playing this LOUD! In a 14x16 room. Earlier, I was playing Lorde, I believe a cut that made Rebbi's system clip. No problems here, played it loud enough to chase me from the room.
At any rate, when Rebbi trots over to Sebrof's place he can settle for himself whether or not the Tekton works for him with the AN Kit 1. I've grown tired of this dicussion, I don't have a dog in this fight, just trying to be helpful.