High End SS Preamplifier Ayre, EMM Labs, ML, or Pass

I have Clayton M300's that I'm looking to pair with a SS preamp to drive Von Schweikert VR-5 Anni's. Looking for opinions on Ayre KX-R/Twenty, Pre2, or XP-20/30 or other as potential options (ML). Interested in members opinions on possible options. Looking for that neutral, transparent, accurate tonal harmonic musical reproduction that isn't analytical, dry, lean, or fatiguing.  
cvman
I have a Clayton S2000, the single chassis version of the M300s. I’ve tried many preamps and the VAC Renaissance 5 is the winner by far...great match indeed.  Best of luck!
I have the Clayton M 300's with a Boulder 1110 preamp.  Love it, but can only compare it to the Naim 272 it replaced.  The Boulder may not be quite as quick but is much more detailed and more than quick enough.  The Boulder also broadened and deepened the soundstage significantly. Very clean sound but doesn't sound like solid state.  
I ultimately decided to go down the SS path away from tubes. I did find the Ayre to have a leaner/dry sound for my preference. The KX-R was less so than the Twenty, while the Twenty clearly had more detail and control. I tried to find a SMC VRE-1C, but ultimately settled on a emm Labs Pre2. Its detailed and musical, plus a great value in SS relative to performance.
cvman

Nice score. What other gear including cabling rounds out your system?

Happy Listening!