Radikal Linn LP12 or Palmer 2.5?

The motor of my 25 year old LP12 just conked out and I was planning to use this as an opportunity to get it keeled and radikalized, until I recently went to an audio show and heard a Palmer 2.5 with an Origami arm that sounded fabulous.  I’ve never heard a fully upgraded LP12, but I’ve been living with my Cirkus/Ekos/Linto/Lingo version for some time.  After hearing the Palmer, I thought it might be time for a new direction, but I understand the Linn upgrades to be quite dramatic. I probably won’t be able to do a A/B comparison, so if anyone out there has has a chance to directly compare the two, I would love to hear your thoughts.  This is going to be a big expenditure for me either way and it will likely be my last turntable, so thanks in advance for any insights you may be willing to share.
latenitecity
I listened to lots of turntables at AXPONA this weekend including a restored Garrard 301, the Technics SL-1000-R, the Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 and a bunch of belt drive tables. I won't spend time comparing sound quality since they all were in different systems and such comparisons would be mostly meaningless. But, what easily stood out to me is the audible difference between direct drive, idler drive and belt drive turntables. Before you buy a TT I highly recommend going through the process of listening to these three different drive systems to determine whether you prefer one over the others.  
Thanks very much astewart8944.  Sounds like that must have been an extremely interesting and informative experience. So, notwithstanding the differences in associated gear, room acoustics, etc., did you get the sense that any one of these three drive systems was inherently, fundamentally superior to the others?
No I don't think any drive system seemed superior to another. I think it all boils down to what fundamentally moves you. I hadn't heard a Garrard TT before; now that I have, I completely understand why it has so many adherents. The direct drives sounded "faster" than the others, but I'm sure this has to do with strictly consistent timing.  
And speaking of Garrards, and your large jazz collection, may I suggest an AudioGrail/Classic Turntable Company/Artisan Fidelity rebuilt 301/401? AG/CTC runs about $3200/$2200 without plinth. I can put you in touch with a plinth builder. The AF is.... well, google them. Idlers with 12" tonearms give a wonderfully you-are-there presentation of music.
Thanks, noromance.  Wow, there are almost too many turntable choices.  Kind of amazing, when you consider how far into the digital era we are, and how perfect-sound-forever technology was expected by most to leave analog on the dustbin of audio playback history.

I wonder what the average age of turntable enthusiasts is, because this golden age of analog we are experiencing is wholly dependent on young blood awareness and enthusiasm; not just older guys who had cheap but perfectly enjoyable turntables 30 or more years ago as the centerpiece of their sound systems (which is what I suspect most of us are).