Worst Audio Injury !!

Anyone ever get physically injured because of your stereo? I was installing interconnects a couple years back and stood up quickly and hit my head on the corner of one of the shelves.I got a half inch gash on my forehead that seemed to bleed forever.When I switched from digital to vinyl I was used to the easy storage of CD's.I had my LP"s on the floor and one day went to bend down to get a LP out of the crate and tripped and hit my knee on the cornerof the crate.My knee still isnt right.And you?
david99
@jeffloistarca , "The drill fell off, and landed business end first on my bare foot, driving a Robertson bit right through just above my big toe. The bit was sticking out the bottom of my foot. I hobbled to the bathroom with the drill hanging out of my foot, pulled the drill bit slowly upwards, a which point I lost several pints of blood."

OMG! Ouch! 

I once nearly burned through the soldering iron cord and my hand in frustration as I tried to solder a missing capacitor on the back of a CD drive - don't ask!  Damn thing was tiny and I knew I was beat. Eventually got it done by a local electrical shop by an experienced guy who was leagues better than I'll ever be. 

@zorathustra , "Next thing I see is a bright flash, and a VERY loud "POP! CRACKLE!" sound. The current went in one arm and out the other, both arms and my chest tensed up so hard I thought I was having a heart attack. It was maybe a 1/2 second long, but it felt like about 10 seconds, before I broke the connection."

OMG! x 2.

I thought touching something live on the circuit board of my LP12 was bad enough. Took an effort to pull my hand free, and yes time seemed to slow quite dramatically.

I beg anybody reading never to mess with live electronics unless you are thoroughly experienced and have access to a well lit child and pet free work area PLUS superhuman powers of concentration.

Even then, please be careful out there - it's only audio, and we're only audiophiles. 

A number of yrs ago I was doing "surgery" on one of my inverted done tweeters (very delicate work).  I was using a surgical scalpel, I needed to switch to fine tweezers and put the scalpel blade up in my left shirt pocket.  Anyways I reach down with my left hand for some reason and drive the full length of the blade into the meat  at the base of my thumb.OMG!!!!! to say the least!  I still have an L shaped (or an upside down 7) 2cm scar to prove it.
@drkingfish, surgical scalpel?

That was beyond brave.

So easy to over focus on one area ('it's got to be perfect') and forget that you have a scalpel in your hand, or a soldering iron.

Back injuries are so ludicrously easy to inflict on yourself - and cause no end of discomfort afterwards. Those of you who are unfamiliar with back pain, please try and keep it that way. 
Yup, my amp kicked me in the lower back one day and put me out of commission for about 2.5 months. But I got even by putting that sucker to work daily for 2.5 months. 
I agree with the point that the major of teh accident can occur inside the home.
Proper care is required when dealing with electric switches.