I want to be moved and have the music touch my soul!

Hello all.
To start here's my system:  Harbeth Compact 7es-3 speakers with DIY 10" subs. JL Audio CR-1 crossover. Rotel RB 981 power amp for the subs. Ayre KX5mp pre amp. SMC Audio DNA1 Gold power amp. Cardas reference neutral interconnects. Kimber 8Tc speaker cables. Oppo BD105 player. 

The system sounds great but it does not move me. I want the music to touch touch my soul. I have been through many different speakers in the past 4 years but I like the Harbeths the most. I feel bored when I'm listening. I'm not sure what to do other than spend more money. Any help?
Thanks in advance.
Ben  
honashagen
Honashagen has it right. I have an Oppo 105D and it sounds fanstasic with the right equipment.  I have a Hegel H360 and Raidho XT-2's.  With good recordings, it sounds like the musicians are in the room with me.  Ansuz cables.
Hi Ben,

You may want to take a look at your power delivery. It's the most overlooked and most important part of an audio set up. Ideally one should budgeted 25-30% percent towards cabling and power delivery. When components do not get enough power they are not operating at their fullest potential. 50% at best. Stock chords will not suffice. 

Adding a good power delivery system to your system is like adding another component / or power amp. What a good power delivery set up will add to your system is - what you are seeking -
holographic sound stage, texture, detail, clean tight bass. Enhanced Imagery along your systems entire frequency range. 

Its the most un-sexy, unseen part of the system. It took me a long time to appreciate this fact. I had to be shown - But once I embraced it I never looked back. If you weigh the amount you have put into the changes you have made to your system vs the amount you have invested in your power delivery you may find its at least worth investigating the investment.

There are those who do not believe in this aspect, which is why I implore you to make your own analysis. Its not going to be cheap, but can be strategically achieved over time. 

No matter what you decide good luck.

Post removed