Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
Physics all the way down? Who talks like that? Oh, I know. An English major. 
geoff kait chides me: "I never said it [i.e. directionality] wasn’t physical or electrical. But that’s not what you asked. You asked what I meant by directionality. You have to know how to ask the right question."

Ok, geoff kait, I'll try again to get to the point that you seem to want to evade forever: If the directionality of a cable is the property of its sounding better, then what electronic, i.e. physical, property explains that? What electronic, i.e. physical, property grounds the "sounding better"?

Surely, that question is apt and answerable.

So........?  
It's not a matter of believing. There will be a video. Now, of course you don't care. You never let facts get in a way of a good story. But I assure you, the measurements will be the same, they have to be. I only have a nice $500 Fluke multimeter at home, so I know you'll claim it's not accurate enough. I'll save my energy until I can checkout the GOM out of the lab on Thursday. Ohm meters don't get much more accurate than that. 

I really don't care if you believe or not. I'm not trying to change your "mind" or whatever is left of it running a particle accelerator in your condo.
geoffkait14,247 posts03-12-2019 5:58amI never said it wasn’t physical or electrical. But that’s not what you asked. You asked what I meant by directionality. You have to know how to ask the right question. Follow? Besides this has been covered ad nauseam on many many threads. Let your fingers do the walking.
geoffkait14,247 posts03-12-2019 6:09amWolfie complains about facts. That’s rich. He wouldn’t know a fact if it came up and bit him on the rump.

geoffkait14,247 posts03-12-2019 6:11amHey, Moops! When did you get out? Thanks for the mention, I’m thinking of promoting you to associate shill.
geoffkait14,247 posts03-12-2019 6:14amAszlmottz, I still don’t believe you. Plus I don’t care.
geoffkait14,247 posts03-12-2019 6:16amPhysics all the way down? Who talks like that? Oh, I know. An English major.

really!!!! is this necessary, someone please get the muzzle out
Oh gosh, Mr Kait:

Re the comment: "geoffkait14,247 posts03-12-2019 6:16amPhysics all the way down? Who talks like that? Oh, I know. An English major." 

From the FYI Department: "Physics all the way down" is a common locution among.... wait for it.... philosophers of science.