A DAC that can make digital sound analog?

Hi All,

I have a ModWright Oppo 105D. It’s excellent....but it sure don’t sound like vinyl or tape.

What DACs have you heard that really work like magic on digital audio files? 

I am interested in DACs that kill that digital glare/blare, that gives you that sense of ‘blackness’ or ‘darkness’ to the audio soundscape, really letting you hear into the mix...ya know that layering, space and depth that is very evident on tape.

Very curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
128x128brettmcee
If you want that and more than that smiling : Starting Point Systems battery NOS dac TDA 1543, that you can connect to a transformer or to an external battery to charge the internal battery...

The ratio quality/price exceed ANYTHING in the market...Read the unanimous reviews...reason why: it is a nos dac without sampling of any kind, and the most minimalistic design there is(a single tda chip) + an internal battery that lower the noise...

In my system this is flowing pure musicality with plenty of details...I will never go back...Dac quest is ended...There is better than this EBAY selling dac,but for at minimum 1000 thousans bucks perhaps and not all dac at this price beat it..

Clearthink, it's quite apparent that you don't have R2R and you've never done this, so why did you take the time to make such an "unscientific" comment?

While you're making baseless comments, I'm enjoying the most incredible musical sound ever heard from the combination of digital recorded on high speed analog; the playback is pure analog, and that's a fact.
orpheus10"Clearthink, it’s quite apparent that you don’t have R2R and you’ve never done this, so why did you take the time to make such an "unscientific" comment?"

In truth, actuality, and reality the measured high frequency response of the CD is brickwalled where as that is not true of vinyl there is no way a CD or a recording of a CD can include the high frequency spectral content of a properly recorded, mastered, and pressed LP and that is the science of the matter as defined by the actual real world characteristics of the two mediums.
I can't find "brickwalled" in my electronics dictionary.  Could you provide evidence of this new electronics term in regard to CD's.

orpheus10
"
I can't find "brickwalled" in my electronics dictionary. Could you provide evidence of this new electronics term in regard to CD's."

I advice, suggest, and recommend that you understand digital theory before making pronouncements here such as " "If anyone wants to turn CD's into "superior" LP's, just record them on a good R2R at 15 IPS, and you will get what sounds like fantastic vinyl."  

You might start your research, study, and education with Nyquist and then go from there that will lead you to brickwall filters good luck in your education.