Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
zimmerma45 posts03-10-2019 6:01pmgeoffkait:
Please explain precisely what you mean when you say that audio wire is "directional."

>>>>>I mean that all wire and cable will *sound better* in one direction than the other direction. This is true whether the wire or cable is in a DC circuit 🔚 or an AC circuit. 🔛 The more wire and cables that are in the correct direction the better the system will sound. What wires and cables am I referring to? Speaker cables, digital cable, interconnects, transformer wire, internal wiring of electronics and speakers, fuses, capacitors, power cords, HDMI cables. All wire and cables.
" I mean that all wire and cable will *sound better* in one direction than the other direction."

Rather than expensive hifis with all those wires (not to mention all the other integrated electrical components some lazy engineer stuck in there haphazardly with consequences unknown), a true purist might consider dumping all that and listening to two tin cans with a single wire connecting them to have an very good chance of getting it all right.

I’m sure rebbi is grateful for all relevant advice regarding CD transport differences including Geoffkait’s wire warnings and is considering it all appropriately for what it is worth while rolling his eyes and maybe even heading for saner turf elsewhere.
To geoffkait:
Ok.... so having directionality means that a cable will sound better when the signal is sent in one direction rather than the other.
Now.... what is the precise physical explanation for this behaviour? 
Zimmerma rather than more useless and redendant posts on wire directionality from Don Quixote, ie Mr. Kait, polluting this thread and the Audiogon site in general, here is a reference that explains his position, not that it really matters:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wire-directionality-how-bad-it

Nothing new to report ......the story remains the same. That same horse has been beaten solo by Mr. Kait here 100s, maybe thousands of times. I guess when you are in the business and have little to offer of value beside Teleportation Tweaks, Clever Clocks, Brilliant Pebbles, and Dark Matter, any publicity is good publicity.