Magnepans

I'm kinda new to the plannar/magnepan world, but I am really interested in trying out a pair after all the reviews I've been reading. From what I understand these speakers are quite power hungry. What is the minimum I need to properly drive these? 
I currently have a VAC Avatar integrated tube amp. These are the stats:
Type: Integrated vacuum tube amplifier with MM phono stage and home theater (direct power amplifier) mode.
Tube Complement: two 12AX7 low noise (phono), two 12AX7 (line stage), three 12AU7/6189A (power amplifier), and four EL34 (power amplifier)
Options: Remote control for volume (motorized direct control) & mute
Power amplifier ("Home Theater" direct mode):
Output matching: 4 or 8 ohms nominal
Power output: 60 watts/channel ultra-linear; 27 watts/channel triode
Frequency response: 9 Hz - 35 kHz +0 / -0.5 dB, 3 Hz - 71 kHz +0 / -3.0 dB
Power bandwidth: 11 Hz - 63 kHz + 0 / -3.0 db ref. 50 watts
Gain: 25 dB ultra-linear; 23 dB triode
Residual noise: 1.5 mv at 8 ohm output
Channel separation: -72 dB @ 1 kHz; -60 dB @ 10 kHz
Line stage preamplifier:
Gain: 24 dB
Maximum input signal: Infinite (attenuation precedes line stage)
Noise contribution: Approx. 0.1 mv at power amplifier output 
THD contribution: Approx. 0.04% 
Tape output: Unity gain from selector, non-inverting 
Phono stage preamplifier: 
Gain: 37 dB (measured at tape output)
MC phono stage in place of the MM optional 
Residual noise: 3 mv at output (S/N ratio approx. 69 dB) 
Overload: 117 mv @ 1 kHz = 8 volts RMS output, 460 mv @ 10 kHz 
Frequency response: RIAA +/- 0.25 dB 
Notes: Does not invert absolute phase. 

Anyone know if these will do or if I'll have to upgrade? Love the tube sound . . . will I need to go solid state for Maggies? Thanks for putting up with the noobie question :) 
the_nature_boy
I do - only issue is the huge size and all-black ominous look to them

(at least they don't look like an alien predator about to eat me - like Wilsons)
If it’s accuracy you are looking for in a speaker and you have the room and open space for planars’, the Peter Gunn modified Magnepan MMGi’s are the most accurate speaker I’ve ever heard and they are also the only speaker I’ve ever listen to with zero audible distortion. The only speaker that has come close IMO is the Vandersteen model 7. This opinion is coming from 40 years of dealing with hi end audio equipment and owning over 25 pairs of high end speakers including six name brand horn speakers. These speakers are less than $3,000 and trump other speakers costing $50,000 and up.  One of his customers sold his pair of Wilson's after buying the modified Magnepan's.  

Check out his website and see what he does to the speakers. I just bought a pair and they are like fine pieces of furniture. However, your amp won’t drive them, you need at least 250 watts a side to make them sing. They take forever to get and the waiting list is a mile long but it’s worth it. Also, looks can be deceiving the bass coming from these speakers are unreal.

If you have a tube amplifier and you need power to drive Magnepans, and you know how to do it, replace the output transformer of your tube amplifier with a headphone amp stepped down to about 800 Ohms, for SET the LL1930 is perfect for this. Connect the 800 Ohm secondary between the grid of an 833A triode and ground. The 833A works this way with zero grid bias. Connect one side of the tungsten cathode to ground too and heat the cathode with 10 Volts at 10 Amps well filtered DC. Run this at a modest 1000 Volts on the plate through a Hammond 1642SE transformer and use the 4 Ohm taps on the secondary for the Magnepans. That will be more than enough power and it will not strain. I tried it and it and it is the best
i ever heard.