Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
astelmaszek88 posts03-07-2019 1:53pmDude, you sell bags of rocks to attach to interconnect cables. I’m done here. For a while I thought I was just dealing with a few misinformed/undereducated individuals. Now I realize I’m dealing delusions. 

>>>>English apparently wasn’t one of your top subjects in 7th grade.
I want to see that factory where they make Artificial Atoms. I suspect it's some sort of metal shop where they punch holes and Geoff buys their waste. Might even be from China.
Geoff, you should know by now, this pseudo physics guy will NEVER admit he's wrong

If these negative nellies (who have NEVER tried your products) ever visited Synergistic Research, their heads would explode 
Thanks for your concern but I’m pretty sure I can handle it. Besides, I haven’t had this much free advertising in months.