Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
There are quite a few variables that make comparing transports tricky. The spinning disc should be absolutely level during play. When switching transports connecting cables require settling time, maybe a day or two, before judgements regarding sound quality are made. Connecting cables are directional, if in the wrong direction the sound will suffer. Some transports may or may not handle scattered background laser light better than others.
@geoffkait Cables are directional. LOL. Settling time. I'm in the wrong business but of course I can't bring myself to that level of detachment from reality. 
Not the be argumentative but level is critical with or without springs. Obviously springs make it easier to balance and level. I actually distinguish between balance and level, now that you bring it up since you can balance a thing on springs yet not be level. Depends on the underlying surface which is oft not level. Furthermore, the CD level during play is oft times not (rpt not) the same level as the chassis or the tray. Obtaining level of the tray can be a little bit tricky. Finally, Out of level Condition is amplified by out of round CDs.
astelmaszek71 posts03-05-2019 10:03am@geoffkait Cables are directional. LOL. Settling time. I'm in the wrong business but of course I can't bring myself to that level of detachment from reality.

>>>>You appear to be enjoying an out of body experience right now. 🤗