Vivid Audio ???

Has anyone heard these speakers yet?
hifisoundguy
If you are seriously considering them as a speaker, you may be able to obtain an audition with the US distributor. Otherwise, I believe they will probably be at this year's RMAF, and next year's CES.

I first heard the Vivid lineup with the B1, and was hooked. I had to have the line. Yes, I am a dealer. I have the B1's and v1.5's in my demo space. I Can't afford the Giyas in this economy.
I've heard the Vivid Audio K1. My impression is that it's a very decent speaker in terms of throwing a deep holographic image and believable soundstage, and sonically the highs and mids are very refined. What it lacks, however, is an engrossing bottom end.

The K1 actually has four 6" woofers per speaker, with two on the front baffle and two in the rear. I'm not sure how much the speaker placement in my audition affected the sound, but these speakers were placed at least 10 feet in front of the back wall. I asked the dealer if that would affect the bass negatively, but he said no. I tend to believe, however, that the low-end performance would have improved with more realistic and practical speaker placement closer to the wall, particularly since two of its woofer are firing from the rear.

In this demo room, there was actually a pair of Eggleston Savoy nearer the back wall, so it wasn't possible for me to ask that the K1's got moved back, and of course, any room set-up for more than one pair of speakers are generally not ideal. One positive thing about the K1's bass performance, however, is that the bass that it did have was tight and fast.

Overall, I think this is a very good speaker if you can accept that its bass ouput is on the lean side, which can be addressed with a sub, of course. The mids and highs are impressive, however, and to be honest, this speaker to me is more about looks and design. It has high WAF factor and if you have a "modern" looking room/home, this will fit right in. Really, it's a blend of luxury hi-fi and a showcase piece for the room. From what I understand, you can also choose any color for it like the Wilsons.

Haven't heard the Giya yet, but would love to. If it's like or better in the mids and highs than the K1, but provides substantial bass, then I think it would be a winner.
Since they are designed by a x-B&W head designer, I wonder if the apple has fallen close to the tree?
stereophile just reviewed 'em--wes phillips called em the best speakers he's ever heard. quite an endorsement--they're now atop my must-hear list.
Vivid: fast, un-real resolution, dynamic & not as picky in room placement-your sweat spot is much larger than any other - high resolution speaker I have heard, no 1/4' this way or that!

I purchased the B1 & up-grading to the K1 on Monday. The finish is "top of line" just like Wilson. The Vivid speakers are more dynamic & faster than the Wilsons Sasha's with better clarity/resolution/dynamics. Sasha's have a little more bass (maybe), but Wilson lacks the midrange & tweeter clarity & overall resolution of the Vivids. (I aim not bashing Wilson in anyway I aim only commenting on what I have personally owned & feel justified in my impressions because I have owned them)

Wilson & Vivid go about eliminating cabinet resonance in opposite ways-Wilson relies on there cabinet materail used in critical locations, were as the Vivids use the speaker's shape & tapered tube loaded mid/tweets & opposing forces in the bass units & a fully open air port to eliminate any un-wanted cabinet resonance, basically the bass & air ports cancel each other out. There are just no sharp angles or corners & the X-overs are mounted in the speaker base.

The only speaker I have heard that best the sound of the Vivids is the Yg Acoustic Anats II Main Module's.

If your a resolution nut like me I would give YG's 1st. place followed closely by the Vivids & third Wilson.

The Sasha & K1 & (Yg main Modules @ $33,000.00(higher)) are basically @ the same price point. The Vivids sound as good as speakers in the "ubber Market" area.

Both Vivid & Wilson speakers are finished flawlessly in your choice of automotive paint. The Yg's are more of a Military grade build w/"ballistic grade Titanium baffles & 3/4" aircraft grade aluminum.(truly bullet proof)

IMO once you here the YG's or Vivids all other speakers sound veiled & muddy.

Vivid B1 & k1 are not as radical as the Giya & don't really stand out. The look of speakers is purely personal. I like the slim look of the B1 & K1 & not so much the Giya, but from what I read about the Giya the sound will trump the looks.

Vivid main engineer Larwence Dickie of B&W Natilus/matrix fame has taken the Vivids to the next level, the tapered tubes are no doubt directly born from the B&W, but perfected!

Sound is subjective & I always recommend trusting your own ears-it's your $$ after all. For my $$ Yg/Vivid give me the sound I prefer.

Kodg