Cd's to make a come back in the future?

I heard a reviewer John Darko say he thinks cd's will make a come back. Does anyone think so to?
I have no intention of selling/giving away my cd collection now or ever.
Thoughts?
128x128gawdbless
With the advent of the rising popularity of better and better DACS, we are seeing that even the standard Redbook CD has more information than we once thought. I, like everyone else, gave away my records when the CD came out in the early 80s. Now I'm spinning vinyl again but I'm hanging on to my CDs.  We live in a time where convenience rules.  Thus, the CD has a lot of convenience options and hey, DACs are still improving. I won't make the same mistake twice. I'm keeping both formats: CDs and vinyl LPs.
What's the point? Digital is digital. While vinyl does sound different, a CD does not sound different from a lossless file. And as far as I know, no one ever got satisfaction from dropping a CD in its tray like they claim from dropping a needle on vinyl.

Dumped my vinyl in '91 with no regrets. Slowly dumping my CD's now. My whole collection now resides on a 512GB flash drive and a 256GB backup. Goodbye clutter.
The point is not a nostalgia road trip or to create some mystical ritual like dropping a needle. Why would that be any more pleasurable than pressing a button or watching a CD tray slide open?

The point is that with a CD you _own_ great sounding media at a literal fraction of the cost of downloadable hi-res media and the component requirement is one decent CDP. Simple. Cheap. Easy and high quality. No other media really ticks those boxes.

"Goodbye clutter"

Well, except for the two drives,cables, wall warts etc. And to me, digital clutter (all things considered) is as bad a physical clutter. And to me a shelf of CDs is no more clutter than books.

Clutter is very bad for the sound. The objective is, in a manner of speaking, to reduce entropy as much as you can. The system will sound a whole lot better in a relatively empty room than a room filled with CDs, LPS, videos, Books, TV, cell phones, iPad, magazines, etc., scout’s honor. ✌️Note media and communications devices especially. 
"  The system will sound a whole lot better in a relatively empty room"

True. And for the serious audiophile just physically being in the room represents a conundrum.