Bryston 4B3 vs Mac MC462 vs Pass Labs X250.8, OR... GRYPHON Diablo 300?

Hi,
Over the next few weeks I am organizing in-home demo of  three pre/power amps for my B&W 803D2's, and will purchase whichever sounds best.  I will be testing the following gear, which is based on what's available where live:
-Bryston B173 / 4B3-McIntosh C47 / MC462
-Pass Labs X250.8, if I can get my hands on one (will probably use the C47 pre-amp to test with this)
The Gryphon Diablo 300 is also a candidate.  I've seen some strong comments from others that Gryphon is in another league compared to the others.
My question is, barring what sounds best to me during my auditioning, in general to most people would the Diablo 300 really beat the others in my list?  And, are there any material disadvantages to sound quality considering the Diablo is an integrated vs the other choices?  I don't really care about having separates, but sound is obviously important.
Secondly related to the Gryphon, there is only one Gryphon dealer that is even remotely close to me.  Should that dealer cut ties down the road, or go out of business, does anyone know how I might go about getting service for the Diablo should I require it at some point?  Is that a valid concern?  There are multiple Mac dealers near me so that would not be so much of a concern.

Thanks in advance for any feedback....

nyev
I know virtually nothing about digital, I did hear something about Aurender and PS Audio streamers, something good, I just don't remember what exactly I heard. I mean heard from serious audiophiles.
As far as turntables go, $12k for table/arm plus cartridge would be an excellent set up, high level. Whether you choose warmer sounding, say, Nottingham Analogue or Pear Audio turntables or colder more neutral sounding, say, SME or Kuzma or Simon Yorke turntables, everything should be matched as much as possible, not just electrically and mechanically but also musically. Gryphon's onboard phono could be a good starting point but you would want to go higher or both higher and with tubes. I read somewhere that Gryphon's own separate phono is great but very expensive. 
Of course, Gryphon expects the use of a computer as a source but not only, they are well aware that many audiophiles keep playing cds. So with both phono and dac onboard you just need sources, speakers and a few cables, the Diablo will take care of the rest. Oh yes, and the wall current.
I get your concerns over repairs and the dealer’s response, but I am in a similar boat with my Symphonic Line electronics from Germany. This fall I had an output board fry in the CDP/DAC (ooo-oooh that smell, can’t you smell that smell?). The solution was to send me a new one to plug in, and all was well. To be honest, I actually preferred DIY to entrusting it to FedEx or UPS.
Hi Guy's,
Interesting thread you have started on the Gryphon Diablo 300.

I have just ordered a Diablo 300. No dac or phono module, as I am all digital with a very good dac I am happy with. I may entertain Gryphon's dac module down the road, but we will see. My dac is out getting upgraded at the moment to their latest  spec in the UK. Both pieces should back and here maybe this week or next. The only other thing is I have to go out of town for a couple of weeks beginning of March as things arrive.  :(

I did not have the luxury of auditioning the Gryphon Diablo 300 prior, in my area. I know I know, but unless you have that exact piece in your environment, with your speakers, etc, it is a guessing game with synergy....
I am down sizing from  McIntosh Mc501 mono blocks, and there two piece C500t preamp. I had these mated to my PMC Ib2i's. This system sang, and I would have kept it, but the sprawl of everything needed to go as my room and setup is different now since I moved. I wanted a top end integrated amplifier. Hence the Diablo 300.

Nyev, your concern's about repair are perhaps warranted, but over thought or worrying too much in my opinion. When you get into this caliber of components, with military spec boards and top selected components, repair will be negligible if any in my opinion. World wide shipping works now a days as repair depot's are not on every corner from most upscale brands anyway. The cost of doing business "if" needed. As you mentioned the dealer sent their unit in and nothing was amiss. That dealer was pushing that amp and doing usual things with it anyway.

So....order, enjoy, and don't look back.
Xsparky you are probably right about overthinking the service risk.  One thing though is I think it is likely that only one or two areas of the Diablo are mil-spec.  I can’t imagine all components, relays, etc are mil-spec.  Could be just the PCB’s themselves that are, and not the components on the boards.

Out of curiosity, what are you feeding your DAC from?  I’m using a Mac Mini with Audirvana but am considering whether to plan a move to a dedicated streamer.  Which may be more important to do once I have the Diablo in my system.

Hi,

I have a Linn Klimax Dsm streamer. This is getting upgraded at the moment to their Katalyst dac architect. It has been in storage for a couple of years since my move. I like the fact that Linn has supported and continues to support their customers with upgrades if desired. I plan to use Roon to source my flac music library and music services to stream to the Linn Dsm.

These two pieces will be the heart of my system to my PMC's.