ProAc 1 SC vs. ProAc D1

I would appreciate feedback from anyone familar with both models. Is there a significant difference? Thank You.
guppy
Nice to hear an opposing opinion, Acurus! The reason I asked about break-in is that it has been my experience that these mid-range drivers with the rubber surrounds that are so common these days take a very long time to break in compared to the foam surrounds of old. (Yeah, I've been away for awhile!)
I have a pair of Snell K7's in my second system (very nice little speakers but not ProAcs by any stretch of the imagination)which are similar in size to a 1SC with a driver which looks much like the MR driver in the D1. They took seemingly forever to break in and the transformation was anything but subtle. They are, by nature, a little on the bright side, but almost intolerable before they were broken in.
Having re-read this posting again I wanted to place another post. I have no idea how someone could say the 1SC is warmer? The D1 goes lower and provides a fuller sound to my ears, usually a fuller sound gives a warmer presentation.....given the tweeters are identical, I just don't see it is possible. Again, just my opinion. I have also owned BOTH the 1SC and D1......
hi,i have owned the 1sc for 12years had the D1 in my house for 10 days. i do think the 1sc is better, just because so called driver cabinet exc. have been upgrated does not make something better.ever here the expresion if its not broke dont fix it.currently i am a harbeth owner. good luck
Dmastri, you proved the point of several posters. Unless the pair you have was used and already appropriately broken in, it seems that they require significant break-in and maybe your 12 year old pair had more breakin time than the 10 day one? Again, I have owned BOTH and the D1 had deeper more refined bass and seemed to disappear more easily....although both are benchmarks in this regard. To each is own.
I agree the 1sc is better than the D1 and think the sig 8's are better than both.