My findings on Magico V2.....what now?

Hi guys, I've finally managed to make a 250km trip to audition the Magico V2. The V2's were driven by Soulution 740 preamp and 710 power amp (each costing $40k and highly acclaimed by JV of TAS). The source used was a Soulution 745 disc player. So...the sound was G-R-E-A-T...but I sat there in the auditioning chair like a rock. To my surprise, I found myself unmoved and unstirred. By the 4th CD, I started to get bored. I felt almost none of the wonderful emotions I got when I auditioned the Avantgarde Uno G2 driven by Audio Note Meishu SET amp.

Should this experience be conclusive and enough for me to make my decision? Should I explore the V2 with other amps, say, the Pass XA100.5? As great as the Soulution combo is, they sounded sterile to me. And unfortunately the Magico dealer carries only a couple of brands for amps so I can't make any A/B comparison.
jtein
Jtein,

i know the feeling sir. Had the same feelings with Wilson speakers years back. Each time I listen to them, I just couldnt pull the trigger to buy em.
I wanted to own one but the musical connection is just not there.
Oh well...
Nonetheless, good luck! Avant Garde may be it for you.
Love the Magico V2's. I listened to the v2's on a Krell intergated with about 5 min of setup at my dealers shop and was blown away! I didn't hear a speaker for a change, just a great musical performance. I ordered a pair after just 2 hours of listening. More to come; still waiting on delivery.
I really wanted to like Magicos, but like the original poster, I was exceedingly unmoved. I heard the M5 with top of the line VTL Seigfrids, and Minis and Model 6 with Spectral and Boulder amps. I was left earth shatteringly bored on all counts. Not my cup of tea. The Rockports are a lot more involving speaker to these ears.
I would have to agree. There are so many other fish in the sea. If you are going to spend that kind of money you should love it! I hope all works out for you!