Is it true that a digital cable has to acclimate to your system?

Just bought a Kimber Orchid AES/EBU cable and it doesn't sound good.  The seller advised me that a certain synergy won't happen until the cable gets used to the other components in your system.  

I am using a Bel Canto CD-2 for a transport and a Bryston BDA-2 for a dac.  The Audioquest Cinammon AES/EBU cable I have sounds much better.

thanks for any wisdom on this.
Ted.
lovepianos
Thanks,  but I have to disagree.  There is definitely a clear improvement.  I was a piano tuner for 15 years and my ears are very senstive to what they are hearing.  I think Steve from Empirical Audio is right.  He said,  "The explanation is nonsense, however shipping any electronic equipment causes static charge to build-up in the dielectrics. It takes about 3 days for this to dissipate. Also, the new connections probably have to adjust at the metal-metal boundaries. It should sound better after 3 days of break-in.
Best,
Ted.

@lovepianos

I find the claim of electrical build-up kinda silly, I don’t see how it could accumulate static during transport, as it’s not in contact with anything other than its packaging, and how it can take dozens of hours to dissipate. You have no way of showing that there actually was a difference, so to dismiss your ears getting accumulated to the sound is kinda a rash decision, as like I said there also is no such thing as headphone burn-in, as proven by many sites as well Sean Olive from Harman (Revel, Mark Levinson, AKG, JBL, Infinity, Harman Kardon, Arcam, etc.), and yet people still choose their hill and defend it.

If a $5 digital cable from Walmart doesn’t need break-in, why would a “Hi-Fi” one need to be? 

The fact you bought a $1000 1.5m digital cable shows that you expect it to sound better than one from say BlueJeans, and should be telling in wether you believe it can get better due to static build-up being dissipated or somehow the fact of plugging it in requires break-in.
Forgot to add that the Blue Jeans one using Belden has far lower capacitance and inductance (this is a good thing) than the Kimber one you got.
Agree with Steve. Digital cables are like any other cables or cords.
Thanks for the tip on the Blue Jeans cable.  Just checked their web site and I think it's worth buying 1.5m one to do an A/B comparison.  It'll only cost $25 to buy it and I can always use an extra for my little recording studio setup..
Ted.