Do you ever do this before you listen?

Hello everyone. I was at an audio store today with a friend that was auditioning a pair of speakers and the salesman told us to clear our ears by pinching the nose then blowing through your nose to make the ears pop (clearing them). I have to admit the music sounded  so much better lol. It makes perfect sense why you would want to do this, but I had just never thought of it. So I thought I would see who else is doing this, and maybe discover some other new tricks. SO what strange things do you do routinely before a listing session? (I know thats a loaded question to ask of this group)
barnettk
And then just blow your nose one nostril at a time to clear out the liquid. I have my system...head down and tilted towards draining side and over the sink, then plug the ‘input’ side and blow, then repeat for the other side and repeat again. Easy-peasy 
What the dealer should do before a demo is to pour you a nice drink, give a few minutes for the effect, and then play the music....
So what "clearing" your ears actually does for me is to help equalize the air pressure on both sides of the ear drum allowing my ears to do a better job of transmitting vibration.  You don't have to actually make your ears pop, just push gently and you will get the results you want. When days are sunny (high pressure) there is more pressure from the outside which compresses the ear drum and reduces the ear's ability to hear the music.  I have done this for years without damage.  I imagine frequent flyers and scuba divers do it a lot as well.   
Getting your ears cleaned by a doctor every few years will definitely give you the results you're looking for.  Doing it yourself just pushes the wax deeper (even as some appear to come out) & creates a real danger of hurting the eardrum.