Verity Audio: To Nagra or not to Nagra?

OK, so I am experimenting with my Verity Audio Parsifal Ovations... and now I am considering a new power amp. I currently have a Jadis Defy 7 mkIV but want something better... everywhere I look I see Nagra VPAs or PMAs.... it's no secret Verity and Nagra are a promoted match.... but is this "match" a commercial one or are they truly such a good pairing? I have heard that some believe that they are, in fact, not such a great match.??

I have heard the VPA with the Ovations and it sounded great to me but unfortunately not in my setup so I could not tell what it was, in fact, that I was hearing. Any comments? I am interested to hear from the anti-Nagra/Verity believers and why they are as such...

Are the VPAs the ideal match and worth the 16.000 EUR or is there something else I should seriously consider for that kind of money?

So, to Nagra or not to Nagra?
jimmy_riggs777
Consider Shindo Corton Charlemagne 80s. I had them with Parsifals for 2yrs, now with Sarastros. Great match. 70wpc.

Nagra is a great match too, but this is the path I went.

Cheers
I owned the Parsifal Encores a while back (very nice speakers). I believe that Nagra was shown with Verity because they were under the umbrella of the same distributor. While they are a good match, you may want to look at alternatives with more power.
BTW - The VPA's should be much better than the PMA's, and the VPA should be far superior to the Defy 7. I borrowed a Defy 7 many years ago and was not impressed.
Hope this helps.
I have heard the Verity Audio Parsifal powered by a set of Boulder 850 mono blocks and I think a 1010 pre amp. That combo was really good. They used a Nagra CDP and a VPI HRX with Nagra phono pre as source. The only amp I have heard that did better was Soulution.
But I would love to hear Verity Audio speakers with Symphonic line amps I have a feeling that would be a great match.