Budget Speaker Recommendation?

Looking for a budget bookshelf model, new or used. Price range is around $300-400. Listen to mostly rock and roll, some jazz and classical. Room is a pretty open family room (15x20) with high ceilings and that blends right into the kitchen. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
dewey88
Dewey...what's the power output on the Onkyo receiver. Just want to know if you need relatively sensitive speakers or not. Let us know model # and power output on your receiver. Thx
Look no further than Triangle Titus 202.

I use them in a similar sized family room (see my system photos). Add a sub and you have competitive full range big league sound for not much. lov 'em!
I agree on Triangle. Try to find a used Celius on this site.

I liked the Celius when I bought it new several years ago and I like it more every day. Both my wife and I liked it better than the B and W 600-series (683, I think) and also better than M-L, Dali and Epos. We thought the B and W 703 was equally as good, but at double the price.

Another option might be a late model Paradigm reference series. Very easy to drive and excellent build quality.

Disappointed with the KEFs and Monitors. The Regas were ok and we both disliked the Gallo (although I think what we listened to was right out of the box so maybe not a fair comparison). That's out of the range anyway.

Anyway. That's my $0.02.
At your stated price used I say the Quad 11L2 or Polk Audio LSi7. The small Polks are a really nice sounding speaker IMO.