This question is aimed to TRUE Elec Engineers, not fuse or wire directionality believers.

Has any of you ACTUALLY worked with and recommend a SSR which does not introduce any audible distortion on the speaker line and which can operate with a large range of trigger voltages (12 - 48 VDC, may need to have on board voltage regulator for this range).  I am building a speaker DC protector and do not want to use electro mechanical relays becoz of DC arcing and contact erosion issues.  It needs to be capable of switching up to 15 amps at about 100 volts.

Only TRUE engineers reply please.

Thanks

128x128cakyol
failure with no fuse could burn your speakers and the amp pcb ...you flip the coin if it really makes a difference in what your ears tell you.
Most speakers have a capacitor in circuit before the tweeter which blocks all DC.   The tweeter won't be harmed in this case.

I used a Phase Linear 700 without output relay for years, (original design had no relay) and it had multiple issues and would go full DC (105V) on  occasion.   Fuses protected the speakers each time this happened.  

Mechanical relays work as well to protect speakers.   Two solutions out there already, that are time tested, and my empirical experience confirms it quite well.   
It’s an expression used by someone who still thinks there’s room for argument regarding aftermarket fuses and fuse directionality. A renegade. A refusenik.

It’s an expression used by someone who still thinks there’s room for argument regarding aftermarket fuses and fuse directionality. A renegade. A refusenik.

Ok, then that sounds a lot like me then.  Not a fancy fuser here.   Although wire directionality as in IC directionality is a thing, with a purpose.