New Rega Planer 8 (P8) Turntable - Apheta 2 Cartridge Combo - Thoughts

Any Thought's on the "New" Rega Planer 8 (P8) Turntable - Apheta 2 Cartridge Combo

Any Rega owners / dealers / folks familiar with the table and/or brand have any thoughts / advise about this table / brand / combo? 

I am trying vinyl again... Tried it before without much luck. Table / cart / phono set up was too finicky for me and I wasn't able to get decent sound. I sold it all and am now giving it another try.

I also chose a Sutherland Duo phonostage to match with it.

Would love thoughts, advise, ideas or feedback. I have never owned a Rega product before. Going to set it up tonight but still waiting for my phonostage to be mailed to me. Would love some feedback. 

Thanks  

System info

Rega P8 Turntable / Apheta 2 Cart
Sutherland Duo Phonostage
Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 Linestage
Pass Labs X250.8 Amp
Magico S5 Speakers (MK II's on order)

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
Also, this will show how much of a newbie i really am but what do i do about a record clamp?

One doesn't come with the P8. I own a 2.75 pound stainless steel one but don't want to use that.

Can you guys tell me what i should do for a record clamp and how come the P8 doesn't come with one?

They also don't come with a digital stylus force weigh gauge with like VPI. I ordered one - should i use it? Yes I am a newbie but i learn quick. Thanks for the time. 
Post removed 
jperry

Yeah that's great buddy thanks for your great advice.

I know I am a newbie to vinyl and I guess should expect those kind of shots when I put myself out there asking for help like this but whatever.

I will push through and get my head around it and see if this vinyl thing is legit or not.

One my 2nd try I had this super nice person come over to my house and spend 4 hours trying to get my system right. He would not take a penny so I could not ask him to come back. I even offered him a $700 power cable for his time but he was too nice and would not accept.

People like him is why I am asking for some with some idea's on here.  

@fsmithjack Hey Frank,

It's good to see all your positive energy! I recall the same from some of your threads when you were working on your digital setup.

@bdp24 makes some great points, before investing more, just be sure you are truly excited about the hobbyist ritualistic aspects of getting good sound from vinyl. The way I look at it, it's more fun cleaning records than editing my metadata and backing up files, but just as important. 

I've got two strong suggestions for you:

1) Please don't spend $5k on a Rega cartridge! Especially any time soon. I would argue don't think about making ANY changes in gear until you have mastered a cleaning regimen, resolved any setup issues(e.g. grounding, hum, cartridge setup), learned about adjusting arm height for VTA to get the best from each LP. Don't sell what you have until you're confident you know what you already own is capable of. When you do consider a cartridge upgrade, few would suggest that particular item as being your best option at that price point.

2) Record cleaning is vital, full of widely varying suggestions. Many come from those who speak from ignorance, having not tried the most effective methods, happy to say "this works fine, my records look clean". Don't settle because SOTA results don't have to cost more than many spend on conventional vacuum machine solutions. Ultrasonic cleaning is a true game changer. Please read this article and thread and follow it's advice as your budget and preferences for manual/auto allow. 
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/rushton-s-diy-approach-to-ultrasonic-record-cleaning-publishe...
It will make a huge difference, even on new records, which often have crap in the grooves deposited during manufacturing. Clicks and pops are the result of dirty records and static. A great cleaning regimen, placing the newly cleaned LPs in a MOFI or similar sleeve, and a Zero-stat gun will eliminate the vast majority of clicks and pops and make a huge step towards enjoying your new rig or any that you try down the road. Cheers,
Spencer 

Post removed