Nottingham Spacedeck vs Rega Planar 8 vs Technics SL1200G

Hey Everyone,

An analogue newbie needs your advice.

Firstly I am not looking for any TT recommendations other than these 3.

My system is Devore O96, and the amplification would be either Lyngdorf 3400/Coincident Frankenstein combo or a Shindo pre/amp combo (forthcoming). The phono stage is TBD.

The sound I like is rich, full-bodied, with a good bass (I love percussion, and the double-bass instrument and  Mingus is my fav jazz artist). I am very sensitive to even a hint of brightness. I don't care about the typical audiophile presentation -- gobs of detail and soundstage but no soul.

My music of choice is jazz, vocals and small-scale instrumentals. No rock, no pop, no western classical.

Would love your thoughts on these 3 choices.

Since I am a newbie, easy setup is big win, which might tilt me towards the Rega or Technics, but with Nottingham I have a great dealer support that I would completely miss out on if I went with Technics (no Technics dealer in a 5000 mile radius).

I used to own a Rega RP6, so am familiar with Rega sound, and like it. But my RP6 was bested by my DAC (AMR DP-777) so sold it a few years ago. So I want a TT that will compete with any sub-10000$ DAC.

Looking forward to your thoughts that will help me scratch my analog itch.

essrand
If an MM is what you want, then the Audio-Technica AT-150Sa is a steal @ $340 from LP Gear. Recently discontinued, it is in most respects the same as the current VM750SH. For my money one of the best MM cartridges around and the only one I currently own.

The Goldring 1042 is another no-brainer, though it’s more expensive @ $575 (again from LP Gear). I used one for years and the Gyger S stylus is truly excellent.

I’ve only heard the MP-110 and MP-300, but given how good they sound I’ve no doubt the Nagaoka MP-500 has earned it’s reputation fair and square.

Of the three, I’d say it depends on your subjective preference and on whether your current system tends more towards the bright side or the dark side. Audio Technica’s cartridges are generally very, very neutral, as is the Goldring 1042, only very slightly warmer and the Nagaokas (that I’ve heard) a touch warmer again. Certainly not overtly coloured, but the added warmth is noticeable in A/B testing.
I just bought the Rega P8 / Apheta 2 myself and am unpacking it tonight. I voted with my wallet so you know what one I think you should choose :) 
In your opinion, what mat would you use on the Technics SL1200G?
The one we use is made by Oracle.

A good mat is the same hardness as the vinyl of the LP.
Some use copper mats with their turntables, not Nottinghams. Ralph, you should not pretend to be undisputed expert, some of what you say in incorrect or debatable. 
And I will not argue with those who don't understand the concept of table/arm match and besides that are obviously asking for particular kind of attention.