Speakers for a small room

I am looking to build a list. What would you say are the best speakers for a small room? Why? Price is up to 6.5k new or used. Room is 11ft x 16ft with 7ft10 ceilings. Thanks! 

Related info: amp is pass labs xa30.8. 
ostrey93
My room is 11x15x8 and I have a pair of Charney Audio Maestro Companion with Omega RS7 Drivers. Beautiful engaging sound that lacks for nothing. If your in the NJ,NY,CT, PA region I highly recommend taking an evening of weekend day to stop by Charney for an audition.

http://charneyaudio.com/ 
I've recently  outfitted a small room and used Sonus Faber Olympica 1s on their stands  and they are good.  Some might prefer them with a sub.
I have a pair of Canton Vento Reference 9.2 DC speakers that I have really liked in both my bedroom and a spare room about the size of your room.  They are rear ported and will need a little space behind them.  They produce a surprising amount of tight bass and are very detailed.  You can find them at accessories4less.

I've tried a number of other speakers in both rooms, Klipsch Heresy I (too "in your face" for a small space), Vienna Acoustics Grand Haydn, Monitor Audio R352s, Spendor S5E, and probably a few others I don't remember. 

I like the Canton's the best.  They are priced quite a bit lower than your budget.
I have a room that is 10'6" X 10' X 8'. I searched, tried and tweaked, but my ATC SCM19s sound terrific in that small space. I listen near field so bass reverb is minimized. They articulate very well with my Prima Luna Dialogue Premium HP power amp using KT150s. ATCs have no bass port making location much less of an issue. I don't use any EQ to muddy the sound either.

Rollin
Eddie,    used merlin VSM
black magic speakers is all you need  OK an extra interconnect also