Emotiva equipmet, how good is it?

I don’t have a big budget but need to start making a decent listening system. I have a couple of options open to me for some equipment. All used since I seem to be able to get a better bang for my buck. Wanted to know what people thought, but of course I know opinions don’t matter as much as my ears so just let me know if you have used or heard either of these pieces. Or if you think something is similar toss it out there.
XPA-100. I have a chance to get 2 for just over $500PT-100. Around $200
Someone also suggested I simplify and just buy a new Yamaha A-S801 Integrated Amplifier
Looking at using my current speakers which are Dali Ikon6 and I also have Totem Dreamcatchers. Oh and the room is about a 11 x 16. And yes I saw the opps in the title but it won’t let me fix the spelling of Equipment.

Thanks for your thoughts.
schwantner
I realize the XDA-2 is out of production, besides the OP was asking about Emotiva amps. I only stated my experience with an Emotiva product because he was curious about quality of their products. 

I did not dismiss Schitt DACs, I only said I tried a couple a while ago and heard no better sound quality with them. The XDA-2 and the Schitt DACs were very similar in sound quality. I never said they were bad. I only tried them because my son was auditioning different DACs and asked me if I wanted to compare them to my DAC before he sends them back. I really don't remember the models, I would have to ask my son.     

When I purchased the XDA-1 they cautioned me that the volume should be kept at maximum, I believe, and only use a preamp for volume control or sound quality would be degraded. I believe it said that in the manual. I did not realize they were marketing it as a preamp also. Maybe that was before I bought mine. However,  the XDA-2 can be used as a preamp because it uses a resistive ladder volume control, which does not degrade the sound quality.

Anyway, I just wanted to describe my experience with one of their products.
I had a pair of XPA 1L trying to power my Maggie 1.7 speakers after about 7 returns to the factory for service I switched to a Parasound integrated it was a dramatic improvement in quality, and musicality and never a problem.
Yamaha is so underrated. The integrateds are great, the 801 especially. Check accessories4less, they often have them refurb on sale.
As a 2+ year owner of a XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp I have nothing but praise for this pre-amp. I picked it up new for 15% off the then current price direct from them. The pre adds or subtracts nothing from the sound,  It works very well with with my reconditioned Carver M500t amp. The pre did not remove any of the warm somewhat tubey sound from the Carver. I credit that to the Direct Short Path Analog Mode the pre has. It has a great remote. My speakers are Magnepan 1.7's are they sound better than when I was using the preamp section of a Vintage H/K receiver. It has matched well with anything I have hooked up to it and the sub woofer controls are extensive and appreciated. Your mileage and opinions may vary. Have a Happy Holiday season.
I just switched out my Krell KSA-200s with xpa-1 gen 2 mono blocks and there are no negatives to my ears. The Emotivas have no noise, which the Krell had a slight hum and could be heard from several feet away with the volume at zero. They also suck a lot leas power and to me sound more open. I’ve owned other Krells, Musical Fidelity (A300’s three times and what a great little integrated), Peachtree Audio 220se (awesome class d), PS Audio Stellar 700 (kinda disappointing but still good) and many more I have forgotten in my 50 years of audio love.

I think it’s the speakers that make the system. Currently running Focal 1038be’s ($13k new and very revealing) supported with an Oppo 105d and a Marantz 8801 pre/pro. The synergy I’ve found is excellent. Past speakers running the gamut of Martin Logan, Paradigm Signature and Studio Refs, and some cheapies. It’s all in the speaker.

Can’t stand audio snobs and Audiogon tends to have quite a few.