Recommendations for an MC cart on Audiogon

I’d appreciate any input on MC carts here for sale at $850 (MAX) or below. Reading the info put out here, it’s seems only CONUS purchases can really be safe. So, I’m sticking with that. I received a George Warren tt (never letting go of) with a Moth Rega 250 (upgrading in ~6 mos) & Denon AVR 4806 (upgrading in 12-18 mos). I got suggestions recently but, the cart purchase fell thru & now the choices are different. I like things just a little tad bright.  Read a lot of carts are “mellow”, “smooth” & “silky deep” so, really looking for that.  Used is great bang for my buck & this is a safe site. People seem universally leary of eBay. No... do this instead of cart feedback plz.

thanks as always for your knowledge.
tochsii
Chakster, I don’t but from what I’ve read & understood here I thought MC was the better way to step into audiophiledom once I’m in this price range. It also seemed what I was reading was that most MM at this level have more of a warm feel & I prefer just a tad bit bright. But, I always welcome learning new info.

Well, this is not true. Actually is the other way around. If you budget is that low then MI or MM is a much better route for you. When you load some of the MM cartridge at 100k Ohm (instead of 47k Ohm) you will get what you like. The best MM or IM/MI cartridges we're talking about here comes with the best cantilever/stylus combinations to extract what's on the record. Each time you can simply change the stylus in 5 seconds my yourself, you don't need a vendor and extra expenses to do it like in case with the MC.  

- If you would like to learn more as you said then here is a links for you, very interesting read!  

- You can also watch SoundSmith lecture, just find a part when he's talking about MI versus MC. Peter repair thousands of cartridges, i think we can trust his opinion.  

- And finnally this audiogon thread. 

I am not advocate of all MM or MI cartridges, but we already discovered some amazing examples which is a better choice with your budged than any modern MC at this price. Maybe you don't know what you're missing. Taking in count how critical is phono stage and cables when it comes to MC at the end you may not have an appropriate gear even to hande MC. Also an awful re-tipping process each time the cartridge is worn (or damaged like the one you already bought). 

tochsii, After what you've just been through with a defective cartridge, it is hard to believe you would even remotely consider buying a "Benz from China".  Or any cartridge of any kind ever, from China.  Unless you live there.

Benz is also the last brand I would name in response to someone who is looking for a lively sound or treble energy.
Lewm, I must have been unclear. I absolutely won’t buy from China or a Benz. I won’t buy outside of North America. Thanks

chakster thanks for the links
You can´t have a decent "silky smooth" MC for that price. Why dontcha try to get used MM, MI or MF instead ? On eBay there´s one vintage GLANZ MFG-51L w/ Micro Line stylus on aluminum cantilever and it´s one of the finest from Glanz really (I have one). I´ve bought several vintage carts even an MC from eBay and A´gon and all are OK. Just look at the seller´s feedback before buying if in doubt, most sellers are honest ordinary guys and music lovers.
tochsii, the first cart I picked up was a Sumiko BB with 300hrs from a seller on Audiogon.  The actual price was pretty good, below the sellers asking price.  I liked that BB so much I ordered a brand new BB from a ebay seller located in Hong Kong ($888).  The sale was smooth and the cart was perfect.  Unfortunately the cantilever got damaged during my relocation.

I sent it off to have it repair but it didn't workout.  However the craftsman compted me with a new cart from his personal collection, which I paired with my Pro-Ject TT, awesome cart by the way.  Needles to say I sought another BB.  Now this cart had 10hrs when I got it from a seller on Audiogon for $500 (Perfect!!).   

From eBay I won a Benz Wood H ($350) and a Grado Reference Platinum ($75) both are in excellent condition.  I have also picked up items from US Audio Mart.  

My recommendation to you is too do your research on the seller (that includes ratings and communication) and to have a little faith.