Manley Chinook or Any comparable Preamp?

His Guys - I have a line on a Manley Chinook ....any users have good /bad experiences? Anything comparable better in that range? 

MY gear: 
Lyngdorf TDAI -2170
Tekton DI SE's 
Technics SL15 w P205CMK3 cartridge (might upgrade to new table soon) 

* Friend of mine is recommending Acoustic Signature WOW XL / TA 1000 Tone Arm

thanks 
128x128tommypenngotti
Yes , buddy of mine recommended Allnic ....I think I'll give the Chinook a whirl ....so you guys are suggesting upgrading the tubes? Please deliberate ...thanks 
Owned and enjoyed a Chinook so much that I traded it in for a Steelhead. I would say it honestly produces 85-90% the performance of the Steelhead, mainly in the area of microdynamics, likely due to differences in the power supplies.
tommypenngotti-Just one slot is the "money tube" I don't  recall which one, but you can contact Manley. 6DJ8. Listen to it stock for awhile, then decide if you want more excitement.
Out of the box, the Chinook is nice.
Might try Upscale Audio for a Chinook. Bought the MKII version they offer. Tubes already upgraded and matched. Got a good deal from them. Replaced a Musical Surroundings Nova II. Very noticeable improvement in SQ. I was noticing a small amount of congestion in the upper mid range with the Nova. Not there with the Chinook. Also noticed much richer and full sound.