adcom gfa-555mkII or W4S ST-500 ? old school vs semi-new school amp. opinions?

I know in the end it will be my ears that determine the choice but I have both on the way.   the adcom is rebuilt and upgraded and the w4s is used. 

I bought the adcom because it was professional rebuilt ground up.  so its reliable and should sound great.

I bought the st-500 because my buddy says D is more clear and has more power. 

ive never had the 555. i had the 545.  ive had crown XLS pro amps but this W4S is probably the most expensive amp. I have had all the usual entry level home amps and several well regarded pro amps. 

I am currently testing a emotiva PT-100 on some Polk RTiA9's .  I am moving from a Crown K1 that is also fresh rebuilt
gentlejax
returned the pt-100 and am waiting on a DC-1 to run my tests.

no opinions on the 2 amps?
I owned a GFA 555 mk2 many years ago.  I didn’t like it at all.  The speakers at that time were JBL L112’s and Green Mountain Diamanté’s.  I purchased the Adcom primarily to power some subs I had.  Of course I had to hear it on the main speakers.  The competition was a Classe DR8 which was admittedly a much more expensive amp.  The Adcom lost.  Dry and sterile was what I recollect.
 I currently own an ST500.  Wonderful amp for B&W speakers.  I’ve always paired it with a tube preamp which is a wonderful combination.  I prefer the ST500 to any of the class A/B amps I tried on the B&W’s.  Previous Classe amps were a pair of DR8’s and a CA300.
It’s your system and your ears so let’s find which you prefer.