Best earbuds/earphones

Trying to take the show on the road and I'm wondering what earbuds you found to be the best. I bought a pair of UltimateEars TripleFI 10 which have been highly touted and they sound terrible. I guess it has something to do with the seal but none of the sizes work for me. No bass at all and very bright. $30 Skullcandy my wife has sound tons better so it is odd. I doubt the UE's are that bad, just do not work for me.

Any suggestions on a good set?
richard_stacy
Update...

Like all things audio, I started and could not stop. I did finally find a way to get a seal with the UE's but found them to me muddy and loaded in the mids. This seems odd to me as all the reviews I have read suggest that they are ultra clear to the point of being bright and etchy. Not so inside my head. So on to the Etymotic HF2...again, very hard time finding a seal but eventually found the rounded little foam tips to work, not the comply but the funny circle looking ones. These buds were the clearest, most detailed I have heard yet and close to what I think I am searching for. The big issue was the lack of bass...total lack of bass. So on to the Westone 3...only tips that seal for me were the large Xmas tree type and they seal well. These are a very comfortable design and are sort of a cross between the UE and Ety in sound. I prolly can live with them but the bumped up mids bother me, similar to the UE. They also lack the clarity and air of the ETY. So on to the Etymotic ER4P...these are in transit to me now and I am hoping they are the ones for me. From what I liked about the HF2, they should be. My wish is for a little more bass without the exaggerated midrange. I am looking forward to it!

Another interesting point about this whole thing is just how good the player in the Moto Droid can sound. With these good buds, it certainly sounds close to a decent HiFi rig and in some ways better. This came as a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for all that offered input. It was a strong jumpstart for my search.
You may try,  Bose SoundSport Pulse.
These budget-friendly wireless earphones have been encompassing the market for years, and the Bose SoundSport is known for being one of the top choices for Bluetooth earbuds lover.
Although Bose can be listed as pricier than the rest of the earphones, they verify the price by presenting some great specialties. In other words, they deliver a great value for the money.
may purchase from here, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HETFPUE/
get ideas from here before buying it, https://unitedtechguys.com/
Oh no.  Someone used the "B" word. 

@richard_stacy -- I'm not familiar with Droid world, but on my iPhone there's an equalizer in the sound options that can vary the sound significantly.  Is there a feature like that on yours and have you experimented with it?  I hated the sound out of my phone until I found the right equalization setting, so was just wondering if you may be in the same boat.  It would seem to explain why some highly regarded buds aren't sounding very good to you.  Anyway, best of luck in your search.