My first Tube Amplifier

I have a 40 years of audio history starting with Garrard Turntable, Fisher Intergrated(SS), ADS bookself speaker on 1978.

But I started using tube amplifier on 1999.

Since then I had been using only tube amplifier in my main system.

My last SS main amplifier was Krell KSA 150 to drive Apogee Duetta Signature speakers.

http://www.jadis-electronics.com/photos/ja500/45/3/ja500.jpg

My first tube amplifier was Jadis 500 which comprised of 4 pieces weighing 120 lb each.

B&W 801 driven by Jadis 500 gave most deep and powerful bass at my home.

But it generated too much heat so it was hard to use during summer.

It was memorable experience to use it for 4 years.

I may not go back to such monster tube amplifier again.

How about you?

What is your first tube amplifier?

I bet two cents on no one had used larger one as the first tube amplifier than mine.

128x128shkong78
What a great thread, thank you for the question! I am currently researching and shopping for my first hifi setup and I'm leaning towards tube amps over SS just based off of my research, so this has been a very helpful read through!
My first stereo tube amp was a Dynaco ST 70 I bought in 1968 when it was almost new. I still have it. Has been lightly upgraded but retains its original charms. Sounded best with Spendor BC IIs that I regrettably sold. Keeping it alive with an FM3 and KLH 17s. 

Currently listening to a C-J Premier 11A that I picked up earlier this year in my main system. Fantastic amp but the Dyna is heavenly.
Great to see the number of Dynaco initiates, perhaps not the original kit builders, but certainly among the best second generation advocates. I started with a kit-built Eico in the early 60's, then a Heathkit, then upgraded to Dyna, PAS-3x and ST-70, and still have two PAS-3x preamps with upgraded tubes, one factory built bought cheap. I lived in that Dyna world until building Welbourne Laurel Iix Ultimate 330B mono blocks which I still have, driven by a new AI Modulus 3B, recently received. Love the glow of the 300B tubes and have rolled a series, currently blue Sophia Classics. Will perhaps experiment with the planned newly built Western Electrics, but I'd like loads more input before dropping that many dimes. 
My first tube amp was a Conrad Johnson MV55. It was a really nice sounding amp. Sold it and moved on to try a lot of different tube and Solid State +50-75 amps in the following 25yrs. My first SS amp was just before the MV55, it was a Forte Model 4a. Another nice sounding amp. Since, I’ve owed some really good amp throughout the years and my favorite tube has been the 300b. I still own 4 amps that use 300b power tubes. I’m presently using 3 amps now in my system that I am very happy with and will probably never remove them because they just sound so awesome and perfect. The Conrad Johnson Premier Four, MV55 and Forte Model 4a modified, upgraded by Jon Soderberg of vintage amps repair. Yes that’s right, I discovered that I should have kept the MV55 and Forte so after 25yrs I bought them again and they are fabulous.