new york city audio show 2018

it doesn't look they have enough exhibitors to run a show,  unless one of the nyc dealers gets involved.

how the mighty have fallen. we have plenty of new hotels(rooms)

theoriginalthor1
Quads without grills sound much better than Quads with grills. More dynamic, more open, less distorted, more natural. Everything is relative. The dust covers don’t exactly help the sound, either.
Agreed. Took the leap a while back because of you. My problem is how to store my 100% perfect grills!
@noromance, you can store them at my place ;-) . I actually got a pair of the metal 57 grilles Jerry Crosby was making in the 90’s. Better than the stock, but naked is better still. I run mine with the rear grilles and acoustic padding also removed. Extremely high voltages back there, so you have to be very careful. A real cat killer!
@bdp24 My grilles are black and literally perfect. I'm afraid the attic temp fluctuations would warp them. 
I have the bass panel rear pads out but left the treble panels one in. Have you removed that too? My mylar dustcovers are sprayed matt grey. Is this normal?

@noromance, I've read that the back of the Quads were padded to make them useable closer to the wall (those small English parlours!). When they are far enough from the wall behind them (no less than 3' they say, 5' imo) that is no longer a concern. If you remove the rear burlap but leave the felt over the tweeter strip, the back wave is now different from that of the front, with less high frequency output. The Quad can use all the help in can get in that regard, so I say remove it. Or at least try it to see if you like it.

I've seen Quads with opaque (a very, very light gray) dust covers on the rear, but never the front. I don't know if they are opaque from paint, or if that is the color of the plastic itself. Perhaps because of the charge on the ESL panels, the covers can get quite a layer of dust on them. Careful with that feather duster!