Music Server/Player for NOS R2R DAC

I'll spare the long story but have recently decided to adopt a new DAC that is a NOS based design and is limited to S/PDIF for input. Once I have it and have had time I'll post my observations and impressions for sound quality. Suffice it to say I am taking a different path from the direction many are going. My music collection is redbook CD converted to FLAC. I am currently using an Atoll MS-100 streamer/player. Very simple interface, software is simple but effective, and initially I will continue using this player.

I am in the process of selling my Esoteric K-07 CD player and have no plans to spin discs going forward. I am not seeking ROON, etc type of interfaces. Prefer keeping FLAC files on either a USB drive or internal hard drive.

So all that said.. told you I would spare the long story!!!... I am curious what music players/servers are out there built very well, great power supplies, and something that would be  a step up from my Atoll. HAS to have RCA S/PDIF output and preferably its own software.

I have identified  a few players thus far but many do not have a coax output.I am quite ok with buying used or demo and would like to keep my price under $5K (preferably less). PLayers I have found thus far which would work are:

Aurender N10
Lumin U1
Auralic Aries G2
DCS Network Bridge

I could buy a higher quality USB to S/PDIF converter but would rather avoid that.

I'll see how this goes ones the new DAC arrives and I experience NOS and R2R for the first time. Am very hopeful it will bring to my ears that which I am seeking! But, looking forward I am wondering what would be a good upgrade from my Atoll. Thx
jdavis37
Aurender N10 via AES (best) or coax, so you take advantage of the aurender's special OCXO clock.
I use it with denafrips Terminator R2R DAC. Can't be happier of the sound/tonality. Aurender is the market leader in my opinion, period. But that is my opinion :)
ian...........

Thanks. I am having a dense moment.. when I look at the Antipodes gear on their website the images don't show the aes/spdif connections on the back yet I can find manuals, etc which do show them. I have seen many positive reviews of this equipment and they seem to have  avery positive following. If they are still making units with s/pdif coax etc they will be on the short list.

saleh.......

Also thanks especially for the added info about the clock benefits. The N10 was already on my short list but is good to see the positive comments.

To you both thanks for the NOS R2R comments as well. I've heard positive things about the Denafrips units as well. I have high hopes going NOS and not going down the more common path of oversampling and filtering will pay off.

I'll dig further into the Antipodes questions. It could just be I am having a Sr moment though I still have trouble accepting that I am no longer a youngster!
I believe Antipodes has optimized around USB output, for their current models. They also offer Stereo Analog Out. (Going off of memory...let me know if otherwise).
David.. thanks. I wrote Antipodes and received  avery quick reply stating current models did not offer S/PDIF output but they were working on changes in the next 6 or so months. That fits my timeline well so we'll be able to see what they do. Amazingly fast response to my question!
@jdavis37 I owned the Antipodes DX--it had SPDIF out. I now own the Antipodes DX3. It has USB out only that I then feed to a DEQX Premate that has SPDIF out to my DAC. If your DAC performs better via SPDIF than USB, I recommend this approach. FWIW, I'm a strong advocate for Antipodes servers. However, they seem to constantly be changing their "flagship" and it seems this has made consumers cautious in pulling the trigger on their products. The EX/CX combo two box "flagship" came out less than a year or so after the launch of the DX3 "flagship."
Please confirm whether they told you they would be going back to an SPDIF out option on their newer EX/CX combo line up. If so, this would be pretty big news since in the very recent past they have strongly argued that their architecture is specifically optimized for USB output (as @david_ten notes) and as such was superior to SPDIF output (their words not mine).