Are Harbeth S HL5's As Good As Reviewers Claim?

I'm looking at acquiring a pair of these but have gotten mixed opinions. The reviewers say they're the best thing since sliced bread but some say they are dull, boring and a bit on the "warm" side. Any thoughts, experiences would be appreciated.
mikesmith
Just got a pairs of HL5s. I am a Thiels owner for 20 years. I brought the Harbeths because I had got a good bargain and was thinking of reselling for a profit. My first impression was that something missing up top and the mids was slightly coloured. Definitely, I felt there was not enough definition from individual instruments and vocals. After half an hour, I thought I was hearing more into the music itself! As a whole, it is giving me lot more musical information then the Thiels can do! Wow, I have never listened to so many old disks without flipping though the remotes before. These Harbeths do know how to recreate music as it should be. Will I miss my Thiels? Not really, only when I listen to the handful of super audiophile disks. Will I sell the Harbeths? Not until I can find one speaker which can do both! I think they are as good as they claim as an instrument in recreating musical truth but they are not precise instruments for creating the ultimate HIFI experience.
I get the feeling the designer knows the kind of sound he likes and that his speakers are very well desinged towards that goal - he knows what he is doing, and he speakers are well sorted out. You cup of tea? Who knows, but obviously many folks are happy with their sound. They also have a reputation for being fairly forgiving of the electronic they are used with, and that can be a good thing, especially if you are on a budget.
After buying the Harbeth SHL-5 30th Anniversary speakers I put my system into the Done for Now catagory. Except for an upgrade for my SACD/CD/DAC and some wire changes I could put my system in the Done for Ever catagory. The Harbeths are that good.
Cio52, what are you comparing them to that you like so much about them? What is the context of your evalaution of the HL5? That is, how good are they and compared to what? I do think they are very, very good,