PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC/Pre-amp as first foray into separate pre-amp?

Well, I've been researching and considering various pre-amps with home theater bypass, but just came across this much more affordable PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC/pre-amp.  The idea is to get something for two channel audio that has home theater bypass, so as to be able to continue to use my Denon AVR for movies and multi-channel SACD and DVD-Audio.  But I want to improve the CD and flac playback I'm now getting out of the AVR.  I would also want to get better two channel SACD audio quality than I get through the AVR over HDMI, but it seems that I would have to purchase a proprietary PS Audio SACD player that has the I2S connector to make that happen. 

The plan would be to connect my universal player via optical or coaxial digital to the Stellar Gain DAC, instead of my current signal path of the Oppo into the AVR via HDMI.  I would also connect my turntable(high output MC cartridge) to the Stellar Gain unit.  I could also connect the optical digital output from my 4K TV to the Stellar gain.  The Stellar Gain unit would be connected to my Krell FPB 400cx power amp via XLR cables(I'm not sure if this would be a good output impedance match). 

The Stellar Gain DAC/pre-amp seems very reasonably priced, at $1,700, for its capabilities and for the sound quality indicated by professional reviews.  Plus, near mint used units are available for ~$1,200.  Thoughts? 
mtrot
Thanks, it was the Impact that I was considering.  The price is $199, Canadian.

https://audiosensibility.com/blog/products-2/phono-cables-occ-copper-and-occ-silver/#!/Impact-SE-Str...
Looks like the WW Eclipse 7 will run me more than twice the price.

Yeah, often you get what you pay for.  You could try the Kimber TAK-CU for $265.  I think that's the next nearest thing to solid-core.   Audioquest has their Wildcat for $89 - it is solid core, but I don't know if it performs well for phono.  lol.
So, I purchased a Stellar Gain DAC/pre, which should be shipped today.  For my XLR cable to the power amp, I'm currently looking at Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 or 8.  The only problem is that I need 1.5 meter length and the seller is asking $700 for the only used one I can find.  Yikes! 
Awsome.  Sorry, but I don't know much about phono cables.  I have done a lot of testing on general interconnects, hence my recommendations for the Wire World.  You could try posting in the "Analog" forum to ask about DIN phono cables.
Not looking for phono cables just now.  Now, I just found out that Silnote is having a big sale on cables.  Looking at their Morpheus Reference Classic XLR, which will cost me $345, which is quite a bit less than my Wireworld Silver Eclipse option.