Power conditioner or outlet?

I have a Shunyata MPC-12a power conditioner. Read that it was a good choice for audio equipment so I bought it. I also have high end power cords to all my equipment, as well as to my Shunyata.

I have recently read comments from listeners that you should plug your amp/preamp straight into the wall. Is that the case if you have a good power conditioner? I will do so if it is a better option, just concerned about no surge protection for the amps...but also don't want degraded sound! I am asking this because I am a newbie at all this, more money than audio sense. I am interested if anyone might have any experience in this
128x128easola01
denon1
I think there are some power conditioners like Audioquest Niagara range or Shunyata Denali that have the technology that makes power amps sound better plugging  them in by providing more current.
They provide more current than what? To provide more steady state current than would be available direct from the wall outlet, you'd need a generator, not a simple power conditioner. It's the conservation of energy law.
Post removed 
Power conditioners / regenerators , capacitance based passive and active I’ve tried a few over the decades with high expectations that they will do something however most did not live up to the claims and in fact some had detrimental effects that were not immediately noticed .
Even though I use dedicated lines and went the route of direct out of the wall i went back to a passive design last year using a Akiko Audio Corelli which actually worked as claimed and was by far the best I’ve experienced however this time after a home trial return policy.
The Akiko Corelli could be replaced and I think it will be by the new active design from Germany , Inakustik Reference 3500p AC conditioner.
I agree with dentdog . I also use a Zero Surge unit ahead of everything in my A/V setup .
I recently had my projector and video processor fried by an electrical strike because I had items plugged into their own outlets for all the reasons stated above. I’ve moved to an active lightening area with frequent brown outs and power surges when it storms. The electrician told me the lightening traveled through my cable coax, killed my cable receiver, through my video processor via HDMI, into my projector via hdmi and out the wall outlet killing all cords and equipment in the path. Yes I had expensive “surge protectors” on all of it. He said that there was an “in” and “out” for the lightening to travel. The best way to discourage lightening to limiting the paths it can travel and rarely hits items plugged into one outlet and not having a way for it to go through equipment to another grounded outlet. With that being said I have started streaming my cable over WiFi, bought a Perfect Wave PS 15 after a lot of research to protect everything as it is a power regenerator and makes up for power sags and stops power surges. It is awesome to have all my equipment start up with a single click and in the order I need. I have discovered that when watching movies the current draw from my Pass sub amp in loud bass transients will cause a system shutdown. So I plug that amp into its own outlet and remove it after listening. Yes it is a pain but it works and I have a ton of equipment plugged into the PS 15 which you can see in my profile including two other amps and subs. The PS 15 shows live current usage and I’m not even close to max with everything else even at concert volume but it’s pretty crazy the amount of current the Pass amp can draw so I totally understand the manufacturer recommendations to plug directly into the wall. I also use the app “Weather Bug” and unplug the entire system (2 plugs with the amp) when a storm is coming as it also shows if there is lightening in the area. I can’t afford for another strike to do more damage than it did. As far as sound quality and projector image quality it has improved quite a bit with the PS 15 which was a surprise and bonus but not my primary goal in acquiring it. I reason that it is due to cleaner power . . . It is quite dirty here where I live so again this improvement would depend on your power supply grid. I know first hand how much clean power affects sound and image from my early days getting into audio visual. I moved into an old apartment in Chicago and couldn’t listen to music due to the hiss of dirty lower or watch the projector because of a pulsing image. I bought a good quality power conditioner and it was all resolved so those who say it doesn’t work haven’t had a problem to begin with in my opinion. Just a little bit of practical experience I’d thought I’d share. 

Good luck!
Steve