Best Integrated, period.

Has anyone compared, Gryphon Diablo, Gamut Di150, Vitus SS101, Krell FBI, APL UA-S1 Jeff Rowland Continuum 500? Please add what you found to be best integrated.
perrew
I don't know if it's the best, but the Valve Audio Predator with upgraded tubes is a piece of art. The remote alone is worth buying it for, (solid milled aluminum), however the music with a distinct tube mid-range and 200W to back it up is unbelievably good for the money. Not to mention the owner, Hans Schalk will help you solve problems.

I know there are more expensive, but you could run this with speakers in the $10K range easily, and not feel compromised. Hybrids, up until this experience were always too solid state, this is much different..
after hearing the vitus 25watter class A integrated amp, I'd say, this is the one for my vote!
Having gone through the thread again, I agree there are hardly any integrated amps not included. Power costs money, so the key to getting excellent quality in a cheap integrated, is how much you need. This applies to tubes particularly, but also Solid state, if you want some Class A bias. For me, the only thing making Solid State listenable, is Class A.
I have owned and used a lot of Integrated amps in the last 8 years, Viva Solista, Lavardin IT, Karan K180, Unison Research S6 and now the Pathos Inpol. Of all of them, the Viva and Pathos Inpol were the best, with the Lavardin a very creditable runner up. If I had to choose between them I would choose the Inpol over the Viva, just and with my current speakers.
Money no object, I think it would be the Darzeel, so transparent, fast and detailed, but not a hint of grain and harshness, a wonderful amp. I think I could live with any Ayon amp too. If I had to choose, it would probably be the SET mercury or crossfire.
David12, I definetly agree with you about SS and Class A, that has been my experience too, but I do wonder about some of those Luxman A/B amps that are highly regarded, I do wonder if they somehow have managed to transcend the limitations of A/B power in a SS amp - that would be nice, just don't know if they would really do the trick - but might be worth a listen - but where?
That's exactly what I'm wondering too Pubul57. I really would love to hear from someone who's heard those luxman A/B amps on the Merlin speakers.