Looking for speaker recommendations

I retired a couple of years ago and as a hobby have become a bit of an audiophile.  I need some speaker advice from those of you who know more than I. 

I listen mostly to classical and jazz. System is on most of the day for background music.  I do more critical listen from 8-10 in the evening at low volume (50-60 db.)

Been buying and selling gear and my current system is a Mac computer, Teac UD-301 DAC/preamp, Classe CT-2300 amp, Vandersteen 2CE signature speakers. My listening space is a 20 X 18 foot living room with cathedral ceilings. Due to WAF restrictions, the stereo system is in a corner of the room with the speakers 10 feet apart, directed at my listening chair that is 12 feet away.  

The Vandys sound nice but I suspect they are too directional for my listening space and style.  I am looking for a speaker that has a more fuller sound stage and will fill the room with sound. Speakers will need to have a better WAF than the Vandys. (Wife does not like the black socks on the Vandys.)

I prefer to buy used and am looking in the $2-5K range.

My current short-list for speakers is-

Legacy-Signature SE

DeVore-Gibbon X

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

128x1282tuby
For 5k you can fined a used pair of Vandy Quatros per Carbon Tweeter
I recently did that my self wife really love the look
The Quatros are going better then anything else even without the CTs
Post removed 
I want to thank all who have replied to my discussion question but, of course, it leads to more questions.

I appears that many believe that I should replace my Teac Dac as a next step. I agree! I have read that 50%+ of a audiophile system budget goes to the speakers, what percentage goes to the Dac/preamp? 10%? 20%?

I have read the discussion suggestions to look for a used Benchmark Dac2 or 3 or a Classe CP-800 but they are not that frequently found used. I would guess that the used market for these items is limited because the technology is still new? (Less than 10 years old.) Much easier to find a good price on a 10 year old amp or speakers. 

That being said, I have ordered a new PS Audio Stellar Dac to replace the Teac. I like the PS Audio return policy.  I can audition the equipment in my listening space and make the decision.

I hope the Stellar sounds significantly better than the Teac. I hope I then like the Vandys enough to keep them.

But I know that probably will not be true.  What a wonderful and terrible hobby this is!
I have a Arye Codex for my DAC but the last time Richard Vandersteen was at Audio Connection I was talking to him about my next upgrade either amp or speaker he said the biggest change will come from the speakers and  ask if I had a good frontend Nick insured him it's very good so upgraded your speakers change out my Vandy 2Ce sign II for a used pair of Quatros the model before the carbons excellent choice
Salks.  Jim Salk is a true gentleman, will make lovely and to order, within your budget new...those RAAL tweeters with his designs simply make music at reasonable cost.  Within your budget, new.  Grats on your retirement and happy tunes.  Best, Norm