Upgrade from Pass Labs XA30.8 to X250.8. Worth it?

I am getting ready to make some upgrades to the system. I currently running a DAC into a BAT51SE, then a Pass Labs XA30.8, then finally into Decware DM947 speakers (don't worry if you've never heard of them; not the last word in speakers, but have been doing a solid job for about 5 years now.)

I am contemplating moving up the Pass Labs amplifier line, and the X250.8 looks attractive. I would like to hear more bass authority and definition, but I don't really want to sacrifice the mids and highs of the 30.8. 

I would love to hear some of your impressions of the X250.8, especially if you are able to make some direct comparisons to the XA30.8. I've spoken with both Mark at Reno Hifi, and Kent English of Pass Labs; both are wonderful and informative people. What I am interested in now is the opinions and experiences of end users of either of these amps. 

Thanks! 
willrich47
If you would like to keep XA30.8, maybe a high sensitive speaker with powered woofer is a smart move. For example paradigm 9H with sensitivity 93-96db 
I think a key question is how loud you drive your speakers.  Most people are too focused on amplifier power.  Even Nelson Pass seems to agree with this, given his side company First Watt!  If you are not listening at ear piercing levels, I would doubt you need an amp upgrade.
I have intimate experience with both the XA-30.5 and the X-250.5 as our main stereo amplifier.
Our system, at the time, was:
Wilson Watt Puppy Va speakers, Meridian 800 transport, 861v6 processor, MIT Oracle Max2 Balanced interconnects, MIT Oracle MAX speaker cables, MIT Oracle MA Digital interconnect, Sound Application RLS power conditioner, CH Acoustic X-20 power cords, a single Pass XA-30.5 (for stereo) and 3 X-250.5 amplifiers (for theater). 
We now have 3 Pass X-250.5 amplifiers for theater and a pair of XA-200.5's for our integrated stereo system. Currently using Sasha I's, our setup emphasizes stereo over theater.
I state our system so one can realize it's level, which can easily reveal the character of system changes, recorded quality and the acoustic of the recorded venue.
For a long time, we listened to the XA-30.5 as our primary stereo amplifier. The X-250.5 wasn't a match. While the 250.5 had better bass, and (as Kent English and Mark from Reno HiFi state) was "faster," the 30.5 was dramatically more coherent. The sound stage and imaging were much better defined / fleshed out, coherent and much more believable. We were able to easily define the acousitc venue and the performers subtle cues and expressions. EVERYONE who heard the comparison easily picked the XA-30.5 as their preference.
When we were selling one of our X-250.5 amplifiers, I was concerned the buyer would want to hear the XA-30.5 because they would have changed their mind!
I'm a educated and licensed Chemical Engineer, and I learned a long time ago to hear and listen to equipment before making any assumptions or "educated" presumptions.
I believe the XA-30.5 is one of the BEST bargains available! It operates in class A up to 30 watts and puts out just over 200 watts in class AB. Perfect - no but what performance for it's price.
Just my experiences for your thoughts.
I have yet to hear an XA- .8 amplifier. Maybe one day we'll get an XS amplifier :-).

I have an x250.8 and have enjoyed it for more than a year first with Magnepan 3.7 speakers and now GE Triton Reference.  I have not heard the XA30.8 but thought you might get some useful information from this review of the XA60.8 vs. the X250.8.  Good luck on your decision. 

For some reason the link didn't post, but you can find it if you google X250.8 review and look at Terry London's Hometheater review