I can not live without "Room Correction"

Accuphase DG-28

I had been using Accuphase Digital Equalizer since 2001.

It is still working fine.

With room correction, the overall balance is much better with tighter base and flat high frequency.

I can not live without it.

http://media.slrclub.com/1809/10/s07CCj42dv666msrqgf.jpg

Recently Lyngdorf got very popular with good room correction capability.

But I am a tube guy enjoying good timber out of it.

I will not go for Lyngdorf as amplifier.

But I recommend other people to try room correction.

If you are curious, you can try used DG-28 from Japan at 1,700

Accuphase DG-28 Digital Voicing Equalizer Free Shipping (R966 | eBay

It use 100V not 120V so you may need transformer
128x128shkong78
I have found that room correction is really based on the quality of the speakers used.  Some 'lesser' speakers see improvement as I have found when I had the new SVS Ultra Towers for a few months and used the Anthem ARC software; it really helped these speakers do a smoother job.  
Then I got in some Bryston Middle T speakers and found that no matter what I did with trying multiple scans of the room, the ARC mudded up the speakers, so I ran it without room correction and the Bryston Middle T's sounded wonderful.    A few months later I got a pair of gorgeous Santos Rosewood Bryston Model T's and hands down, NO ARC needed at all.  The T's are just perfect.  
My brother who I rarely see came for a visit this past July.  He's a video/sound engineer-producer and he has never seen or heard the Bryston Model T speakers.  When I put on some high dynamic range music from the 80's-analog of course, he was blown away.  He used to work with some of the major bands with live concerts and he said the Bryston's were as good or actually better than what he experienced with the major bands.

So there you have it; NO room correction needed, at least with these speakers.  My amps by the way are a pair of the Anthem Statement M1 monoblocks with dedicated 248 v/15 amp feeds running at 2000 watts per channel.  The T's love the power.
I gave room correction a try a while back. I bought a McIntosh MEN220, which I believe uses the Lyngdorf technology. I found that with my digital source, it worked nicely, but it sucked the life out of my analog source. I primarily listen to LP's, so the MEN220 is now gone. I must say that I have done a fair amount of work treating my room, and that is much more sonically satisfying for my taste.
Digitally corrected, fully time/phase coherent speakers in a room with acoustic treatment require minimal digital room correction.

My system uses two DEQX processors in a room with superchunk bass absorbers, speaker first reflection treatment (wall & ceiling) together with rear skyline diffusers. Slight digital eq is necessary only on two remaining wide Q bass peaks.
Hi All, warning I am a Dealer as a matter of fact I have been a Lyngdorf Dealer longer than anyone in the USA.  caution Dealer speaking.

The RP1 was the Original stand alone Room Perfect box. It had balanced and single ended inputs and outputs.   It sold for around $4000 +/- $200,  I just can't recall for sure.  A new basic TDAI 2170 has a current  retail price of $4000 with out any additional input options. It has a great DAC in it that you can use or not use but unlike the RP1 you can go digital into the TDAI 2170 and Digital out into the DAC of your choice feeding the Tube Pre Amp and Power Amp of your Choice.  The Digital out is fixed at 96 K Samples per second.  The Room Perfect would would occur before feeding your gear.  There is a USB input option and for you that have a great turntable there is an upgraded analog input option that digitizes at 192K and is a delightful front end input.

Just saying and I don't think if you used it in that way you would loose any of the Tube Sound you lust after and would gain the stunning benefits of room corrected bass.  There are lots of ways to incorporate a Lyngdorf integrated amp into your system and I would be happy to help if you want to contact me.
Neal Van Berg
[email protected]
Purchased a DSpeaker Anti Mode 2.0 from(made in Finland) several years ago....easy to use, oodle of possible settings.....but I settled on equalizing signals below 200 Hz....with a sub woofer(Velodyne) and Harbeth 40.1's in my large room, the bass is incredibly realistic and natural. I paid about $1000 for this but you might be able to pick up a used one for less