Solid State vs. Tubes - What if Transistors came first?

What do you guys think?

If transistors came first, and then decades later tubes were invented, would we have any tube amps we would call high end?

Wouldn’t they all fail to reach the height of performance and transparency set by transistor amps?

Best,

E

P.S. I love Conrad Johnson. I'm just wondering how  much of our arguments have to do with timing. 
erik_squires
Post removed 
I resurrected my Linn Lp12  and went back to tubes with a Mac 275 & Mac 2600
peramp....  just because vinyl is more expensive & inconvenient.....
its all about the Glow !  
kosst_amojan
I'd make sure your curtains are pulled tight at night. God only knows what Kaity is capable of. You don't want him busting out his teleportation tweak on you and showing you his magic pebbles.

>>>More wishful thinking, obviously. Time for a nice long cold shower, eh, Costco?
I’m kind of late in the convo here, but ...  

the original “experiment” by Mr Walker was more of a sham, not a true experiment that controls for all/most variables as we do it in the real world. 

He found 2 different amps, ONE SS and ONE tube, but ran them through the SAME speakers. The speakers are the last units in the sonic chain to impart sonic influence on the final sound.

1. Change the speakers and I will not get the same sound from the 2 different amps most of the time. Do this test with 100 different speakers, and IMO over 50 of the tests will reveal different sounds even with the same SS/tube amps. 

Synergy, remember?
Because different speakers have different properties and sonic signatures.  e.g., # of cones and drivers, size and type of drivers, 4 Ohm vs 8 ohm , vs 16 ohm, etc