If not an Oppo 205 then what?

So I was going to purchase the Oppo 205 but now that Oppo will no longer produce it people seemed to have bought them up all up and are now trying to sell them for 2 or 3 times the original $1200 price. 

If I wanted to go with another brand what would you recommend? I want the unit to have Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.2, 4K, etc.

Thanks
meambler
celander,

Even better! Nicely done. I still have a 105D that's less than 2 years old.  And I don't use it as my primary CD player so hopefully it will be around a good long while. 

Kindest regards 

N
So today an email arrived from OPPO and my 205 is ready to be picked up at their office in Menlo Park CA.
yep. 
For those that  signed up in May for the encore run, they are being contacted to pay for and get their 205s.  

Just did it today and mine is now shipping tomorrow for arrival on 9-14.
riia_award

In several communications I had with Oppo since I got on the list in Feb, they never told me I would or wouldn't get a unit or that they were overbooked.   They simply said they would begin notifying people in the order they applied when the units started coming in the fall.

If what you say is correct, I forsee a healthy resale market of 205's at a big profit for quite some time.

Will be interesting to see if they had that many more people sign up than what they built for this production run.

I kind of suspect they made enough to cover the people who got on the waiting list, as they had plenty of time to order the components.

Since the announcement of Oppo discontinuing production I’ve been tempted to sell my ModWright Oppo 205 which I bought used a couple years ago.
 i have no idea how a stock 205 performs however the ModWright is spectacular with live concerts on DVD and movies in general and I’ve further enhanced its overall performance by using a set of Symposiums Roller blocks 2+ under it , that was immediately transforming to overall picture quality and sound .
So if your waiting for delivery of the last production run or looking to purchase a used 205 I highly recommend ModWrights upgrades .