Power cords

Was wondering if anyone had an opportunity to compare the new Audioquest Dragon power cord to Synergistic Research Atmosphere Level 3 or Galileo UEF power cords? I run a full loom of SR Atmosphere Level 3's and while I love what they bring to the soundstage width, height and depth, black background, great air & separation, layering and especially focus, not sure they are the last word in "body & weight". Wondering if someone has tried the AQ Dragons in their system to flush out a bit more body?
Thanks
ptrck887
Hi @ptrck887 I just checked out your system, very nice btw. However have you recently tried taking out the Black Box? Move it at least two rooms away, the sound you describe sounds just like my system when I tried out a black box. It cleans up the bass for sure and treats room modes but it imposes it’s own tonal signature well outside the specific bass range. While this may not be noticeable in a large room such as those SR demo in in small rooms like ours it’s a big negative. I’d look for other ways of dealing with any bass issues

Also is the wall behind your listening chair treated? Near in reflections will also thin out the sound
Interesting....I will try that and yes, due to the near field set up I'm using, due to room constraints the rear wall is heavily treated with two GIK Full range Monster bass traps 24 x 48 each plus two Soffit bass traps.  The Monster traps are centered behind my listening position and flanked by GIK Q7d diffusers.  I am also using 12 UEF panels and 20 UEF dots.  My soundstage extends well beyond and behind the speakers and with certain well recorded hi-rez formats and it seems in particular DSD it seems I'm no longer in the front row but actually on the stage with the musicians....some folks might not care for that presentation.....I adore it.
How do the Monster bass traps deal with mid and high frequencies? The problem you may have is reflections in these ranges. The Monster bass trap is actually designed not to over absorb high frequencies but in your case reflecting HF so close to your ears may be a problem. The ASC bass traps I use actually have a mix of reflecting surfaces so you can tune the HF by rotating them.

Anyway why not try tacking a GIK acoustic panel behind your listening seat and see if that improves matters. I also like having HFTs on the rear wall behind my listening seat, plus a set of ART modules as well, these all help focus the rear wall, kind of putting back the life that my ASC diffusers take out but in a controlled manner
I forgot to mention and also agree David Weinhart is very knowing about Synergistic Research products. A small correction- Peter Hansen was with Synergistic Research before moving to The Cable Company.
You have a wonderfully nice system. Concerning wall outlets I would definitely consider trying the Red outlets with your monoblocks. They have less air and more punch than the Black outlets. The Blue outlets have some of the sound of the Black outlet but it just sounds better. The Black oulet has a sound that can be (to Me) just a little too thinning of notes but providing more of a sense of big space. Send them back if you do not like them. Experimenting with the Black Box location and even out of the room is always worth doing. It is also possible that you have too many SR dots on the walls. I use the HCT bullets and too many of those on the walls will thin out the sound. I do hope you will consider trying the Omega E- Mats, I LIKE what they do.

Finally since you have the SR grounding system (as I do), consider trialing the new SR Grounding Transducers that add "weight to the sound". Again if the do not work in your system, send them back.

David Pritchard
Post removed