Burt Reynolds has passed away

Sorry, I know this really isn't audio related, but I really liked Burt.

R.I.P. Burt, thanks for all the great movies!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/burt-reynolds-dead-actor-dies-at-82/
128x128mofimadness
@mofimadness, "My first sports car that I ever owned was the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am edition. T-Tops, killer paint job and a ROCKIN' stereo!"

My first car was a 75 Chevy Monza my high school job boss gave me for free that was an absolute basket case.  But as soon as I had enough money, like you and partly because of the movie, I bought a red 76 Trans Am with t-tops (yeah, they leaked, but were so worth it) and really cool honeycomb wheels.  That interior, especially, the dash was as slick as things got.  Strangled by mid-70s emissions technology, but over the next few years, I got it running the way the Pontiac 400s from an earlier time did.  On the stereo side, my dad got me a beautiful Clarion head unit out of a wrecked Saab 9-3.  You should have seen the way the guys at the Saab dealership looked at my scruffy butt when I showed up to get some documentation on it.  EVERY single person asked how I got the radio, with an "yeah, right..." smirk reaction to my answer.  Adding a couple of amplifiers and some speakers got it to seriously bangin' level.

You're absolutely right, what a cool car!  Thanks for jogging my memory back to awfully fun times.

Again, much respect to Burt...
Good Bye HI-FI. Hello TMZ.......
I hope this site does not allow none  music related posts in future.

Ps- no  disrespect to Mr Reynolds or his family.

Nothing like a purist to raise his head. We audiophiles have other interests and when we have the passing of someone who had an impact on us, even in a non-audiophile way, it's of no harm to comment on it. 

Loosen up a bit.

All the best,
Nonoise
That’s right yo,
Maybe Burt didn’t play an instrument, but he “played” with more Grade A women/actresses/models than anyone on this forum. :)

I mean, Cannonball Run .. you can’t diss that movie:
And here is just the “short list” of actors In Cannonball Run.

Cast (57) Burt Reynolds. J. J. McClure. Roger Moore. Farrah Fawcett. Pamela. Dom DeLuise. Dean Martin. Jamie Blake. Sammy Davis Jr. Jack Elam. Doctor Nikolas Van Helsing. Adrienne Barbeau. Terry Bradshaw. Terry. Jackie Chan. Bert Convy. Brad. Jamie Farr. Peter Fonda. Chief Biker. George Furth. Michael Hui. Subaru ...