How do you store and catalog your vinyl?

Just curious how members store, sort and catalog their vinyl collection.
With less than a 1000 I have a hard time remembering just what I already own and have purchased duplicates by mistake whilst at the LRS.

How do you store them?
How do you sort them? Alphabetical or genre or year?
Catalog? In the good old days probably in a note book modern equivalent would be a word document or excel spreadsheet.

Very interested to hear what you do and how you manage that massive collection.
128x128uberwaltz
@uberwaltz

Assuming your collection continues to grow, one of the aforementioned on-line databases may be the way to go. I can definitely use more memory. I’ve often thought that if someone could figure out how to defrag the human brain they would indeed become wealthy. But I digress.

Defrag the human brain!
If only! Think what it might do for GK!
But then again what fun would life be without all those absolutely useless pieces of trivia you accumalate over the years!
Eek!

Help!
I am being pursued by a wild GK like creature.

Oh wait.

It IS GK!

Nothing more to worry about then

☺☺
Discogs is great.  Been using the app for a couple years now.  Just snap a shot of the UPS code or input the catalogue number....add record to your library.  A new app update was just released.  Everything I own is catalogued in Discogs.  It also makes for a great conversation piece when someone says, "Hey, I understand you buy records."  "Why yes....yes I do.  Would you like to see my collection?"  Pull out the app and go to town.  Make sure your phone is charged.  They'll get lost in your collection.....seriously.  

All of my records reside in Boltz LP racks.  Very study....solid steel.  All records slipped in MoFi sleeves and 4mil thick outer sleeves.  Records are sorted by band/artist name.