How do you store and catalog your vinyl?

Just curious how members store, sort and catalog their vinyl collection.
With less than a 1000 I have a hard time remembering just what I already own and have purchased duplicates by mistake whilst at the LRS.

How do you store them?
How do you sort them? Alphabetical or genre or year?
Catalog? In the good old days probably in a note book modern equivalent would be a word document or excel spreadsheet.

Very interested to hear what you do and how you manage that massive collection.
128x128uberwaltz
I’ve tried to sort mine on a few occasions, and it never lasts. I always end up with all my favorites, and most often played, congregating toward the end nearest the record player. Of course I’ve only got 500 to 600, albums. It seems they naturally arrange themselves by condition, the ones that are worn and scratched work their way to the far end. 

When someone hae 25,000 Records, it occurs to me, when will you ever have time to listen to them? If you played 10 albums a day! Which no one does, unless you’re a DJ, it would take nearly 7 years to hear them all just once! Again, who does that? I wind up playing the same 100 or so over and over. To each their own, I don’t suppose that’s any crazier than spending $100 grand on a stereo? 
I just rely on my memory of what I have and where,  they are I have about 1000 Lps for now.
I use a program called Music Collector that can be found at Collectorz.com. I actually enjoyed doing the catalog work. As simple or as complicated as you want it to be.