How do you store and catalog your vinyl?

Just curious how members store, sort and catalog their vinyl collection.
With less than a 1000 I have a hard time remembering just what I already own and have purchased duplicates by mistake whilst at the LRS.

How do you store them?
How do you sort them? Alphabetical or genre or year?
Catalog? In the good old days probably in a note book modern equivalent would be a word document or excel spreadsheet.

Very interested to hear what you do and how you manage that massive collection.
128x128uberwaltz
Easiest method is to catalog them using Discogs. The app is very easy to use and you can then access your collection on line plus see the value 
Ah yes good job we are in the modern age, there's an app for that lol.

How do the owners of mega collections store them and organise them physically.
Has to be a daunting task!
For example I read in another thread of someone having 25000 lps and knowing people who had a million of them.
Say what?
Just HOW in the world do you store them AND be able to access them and actually find something you are looking for??
Alphabetical by composer, band, artist. Within a given letter it is totally disorganized though I tend to try to clump like composers, bands, artists for ease of grab. Years ago I bought these white plastic dividers with big black letters so I can see in low light where to begin picking though the chaos.
That would help for sure Steve.
My mind still boggles at the sheer shelf space taken up by say 100k records and how to find or decide what to listen too.
I imagine a sort of huge library where the owner has a set of steps on runners to whiz round and pick out albums from the upper reaches!