Turntable isolation

My last turntable was a VPI HW19 MK4 .... with the springs.  It's isolation from footfalls was terrible on wood framed floor. Are the modern tables with sorbothane feet better at isolating?
128x128gbryant
@james1969 I can certainly vouch for the benefits of active isolation systems but they are not compatible with all turntables. For example tables with very floppy springs like the Linn may end up fighting the isolation. The TS-150 works very well with my EAR DiscMaster which has very stiff springs. You might also consider the Taiko upgrades which are both attractive and sound improving 
@folkfreak I agree, you should not have competing isolation systems which will cancel each other out.
I designed a dual layer heavy mass-on-spring iso system somewhat based on the Super Duper isolation systems employed by LIGO in the experiment to observe gravity waves, the amplitude of which are on the order of an atomic nucleus. The trick is to sufficiently separate the Fr of the two mass-on-spring subsystems so they won’t interfere. Brad at Revelation Audio has the only Nirvana Dual Layer iso stand out there. The Nirvana employs extremely hard NASA grade ceramic cones to support both the stand itself and the component on the top shelf. Did I mention VERY heavy masses? Give me a stiff enough spring and I can isolate the world. 🌎