HAVE ALL SALES STOPPED ON AUDIOGON ???

I haven't sold hardly anything in a month, is anyone else having that problem,or is it me........autospec
autospec
The trick is buying right and selling right. As someone pointed out, 50% is about right unless 1) the item is virtually brand new 2) really old 3) in fair condition 4) a hot and desirable item 5) an esoteric item not well supported 6) old tech in a rapidly evolving digital world. I’ve recently sold some cables on Audigon and just bought a subwoofer today. And I might be selling my PSB Imagine T3s soon. I’ll make you a good deal!
Actually it was an unnamed dealer north of the border. I’m sure plenty of people would sell through PayPal. I was just venting. I also believe people are asking too much for used equipment. You take it home and use it for a year expect 1/2 of purchase price unless it’s one of the big names. 

The stock market has treaded water for almost a year.  That does not help, particularly discretionary purchases.  We have to remember that biz goes in cycles--peaks and valleys.  Biz is about managing them.  That said, this was a big year for me personally as far as buying.  Bought an amp, tuner, cd player, DAC, streamer a rack and some power supplies, however this was the first time in over 30 years.  Its been buying houses, cars, college educations, and saving for retirement.  Now that is all behind us, its time to rock and roll.  I realize that the market is slow and I am one of the lucky exceptions to be in the buying mode.

Bailyhill

Post removed