DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj

taras22,

It may be off the thread topic, but do they really make sofas with wool or down stuffing? My down jackets used to go flat quickly without me even sitting on them.

Yup, and they are not cheap, which is probably why they aren't in common usage. My parents had both, and they were sooooo comfortable, especially the down one ( and yeah they would go a bit flat but then you kinda tumbled it a bit and voila, tres fluffy ), and they do heat management really well ( which is something that became quite apparent when an upholsterer redid the down one and replaced the down with synthetic...and gawd was my dad pissed cause the boob had just totaled his Sunday afternoon nap spot )

taras22,

Now you got me curious, better to say interested. I will try to check them out. Thanks for that info.

Speaking of stuffing in chairs am I the only one who cannot tolerate the IKEA Poang Chair? You know, the cheap audiophile alternative chair, the one that’s stuffed with that same kind of foam as Sonex acoustic foam. Sonex has got to be one of the worst sounding materials ever foisted on unsuspecting and gullible audiophiles. Leather chairs, regardless of stuffing, are another irritant.

According to the picture on the Internet, that IKEA chair seems uncomfortable. Which one may claim for most, if not all, of the IKEA products.

The question arises, what is better investment for a $1000-2000? Good listening chair or a good cable of some kind?

EDIT: If I have calculated it right and IKEA chair is stuffed with same foam as Sonex acoustic foam, it may be cheaper to buy a few IKEA chairs and tear them apart than to buy Sonex foam itself. Of course, if one wants that Sonex foam in the first place.