DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
Definitely has no purpose for me and you to talk. ANY OTHER PEOPLE THAT  ARE WILLING TO CHIME IN AND SHARE WHAT GEAR THAT THEY ACTUALLY  USE AND THEIR ACTUAL CABLE EXPERIENCES PLEASE CHIME IN. 
Asperger’s, the unknown audiophile affliction. The symptoms are repetition in speech and issues with social interaction, such as yelling. 😬
Geoffkait...it’s funny you mention Asperger’s...I honestly pegged you as having it...but not the audiophile kind.

Repetition...issues with social interaction...
I never said I didn’t have it. I never said I didn’t have it. 😛.

The emoji for Asperger’s is 🍑🍔 🍔

Will you sell me your hat?
@calvinj your making a lot of generalizations again that show your lack of knowledge. Like your using the terms vintage gear and cheap gear like its synonymous. Have you ever priced a pair of vitavox corner horns? Pair of western electric amps?
Then you bring up the term audio envy. Like us us poor sods who run vintage just can’t afford modern stuff but lust after your system. Couldn’t be further from the truth. I run vintage gear because the pieces I run sound better to me and are built better. Nine times out of ten that modern piece your paying big bucks for is just a vintage idea/piece regurgitated.
And back in the day a lot more engineering and money was applied to audio/new products. Magic fairy dust was not included.
Your post denying that your one of those guys essentially proves it more than anything.